How will v2 stay afloat?

Since twitter doesn’t own it, how will v2 survive? Will there be crowdfunding of some kind? Sponsors and advertisers?

1 Like

This is a wild idea but I think if vine charged creators with a small price like $0.10 to upload a vine they could carry the weight and those same creators could make money elsewhere through sponsorships. So basically a thank you tax to vine from the creators for letting them get big. Wild idea and probably won’t happen but I think it would be interesting. It would require top creators to make sure they upload only quality stuff and not flood the market drowning out smaller pages.

4 Likes

The only problem with this is I feel like it would turn people away from making content. There needs to be a way where v2 can get a cut from all the ads being put out by loopers (people on v2).

3 Likes

Well that’s why I’m saying there should be a threshold, so like once you hit 100k you get charged .1 and once you hit 200k .2 and so on and so forth. That way smaller creators can post more and bigger ones create better content.

3 Likes

but that could be seen as punishing someone for gaining a following, nobody would even want to get bigger then

Oh I see, I see. I thought you were saying it as like, a subscription based thing where partners or big loopers (v2 creators) had to pay a fee for using and putting ads. I feel like if it’s just charged on the actual ad they post, it’ll make sense in the ad world we live in.

Keep in mind, he mentioned something about the use of a crowdfund but he did in fact sell Vine originally. For a pretty big price at that.

3 Likes

Also there could be different types of account like facebook has where businesses can have different settings and stuff but charge a premium to create different types of vines, not better per say but different stuff can go into it.

3 Likes

I thought about this awhile ago too. Maybe the app could cost $.99? It’s not asking for much and if it does well and gets good reception as the original vine did, it would be a good help. Wouldn’t want to pay every time I posted though (as @jakestudebaker suggested), that’d definitely deter me. A small price but I remember posting small useless videos just to update followers and share other content.

2 Likes

Advertisers.

2 Likes

I think that if you don’t go near a sewer than you won’t float

I’m only saying you would have to pay once your audience was big enough you were making money. So once you hit a certain tier, like 100k followers you get charged. Not every single creator.

1 Like

Makes more sense, but I still don’t know how I would feel about that. I’m not confident I will have that many followers, but on Vine I was well on my way there. The issue for me comes where I have no plans to make money off of any of my content because I edit videos of movies and tv shows. Nonetheless, not actually a bad idea. If the app was good enough and it helped keep it up this time around, I could see it

1 Like

Oh you’ll blow up lol. I feel like anybody on right now actually cares and wants to succeed. I believe in ya!

4 Likes

Keep in mind that needing to pay for an app, no matter whether the cost is $6.99 or $0.01, will largely reduce the number of users. It also leaves room for pirated/cracked versions, meaning no money being made. Advertisers are the way to go. This is the reason why the biggest social media platforms don’t charge you to use their services.

1 Like

Advertising. Releasing charges on all vines made or subscriptions would deter me and I wouldn’t be able to afford it as I’m only a teenager and it’s genuinely illegal for me to get a job so there’s no way I could afford that

There will probably eventually be ads inserted into your timeline the way Instagram does it.

That makes sense! I hadn’t thought of that.