How will the world know V2 came out? [seriously!]

How will people find out that V2 came out (will come out…). Like the original app was EXTREMELY popular because it was original and people knew that it came out as a number of people got fame out of it. Apart from the people on these forums and those who follow the twitter or dom’s page, HOW WILL PEOPLE FIND OUT? Like, HOW WILL YOU ADVERTISE OR PROMOTE IT??? (I’m still hyped tho…!) @dom

Comment bellow how you think people will find out: :sunglasses::sweat_smile::eyeglasses:

9 Likes

I think twitter will be a big part of it becoming known that it has been released

4 Likes

It’s so highly anticipated I don’t think there will be a problem

5 Likes

Vne plays a large part in spreading the name around, because of the influence vine had on people. Most people have been wanting a successor for vne so they’re already looking and with its co-founder creating a new app, it wouldn’t be hard for people to hear about it!

1 Like

I believe that it just for some reason is going to start out to be big. like before it releases it will become something. idk its just a feeling you know. I might be wrong.

1 Like

Surely, its going to be advertisements and the people who liked :vine: will be know, Also we have to tell this to our friends and making in that way more popular.

2 Likes

I’m sure it’ll be such a big release that people will just know about it

2 Likes

It’ll probably be everyhwere. Something I fear is everyone just calling it V/ne 2

2 Likes

Does anyone know if our current usernames will cross over to the actual Vine app when it releases?

1 Like

Word of mouth. I think everyone was talking about the possibility of another platform similar to Vine. I have no fear that it will spread through and onto the population’s phones like wildfire…

2 Likes

All of the tweets directly about v2 go lowkey viral so I dOn’T think that’ll be an issue

1 Like
  1. the app is currently called V2, and has no relation to Vine business-wise
  2. this service we are talking on(discourse) has no relation to the app. It is the host of the forums, however

Usernames will most likely not be moved over because Discourse and v2 aren’t really related. Also, please refer to the app as V2 and not Vine. Twitter owns vine, and it isn’t related to v2.

3 Likes

Well said @arf

But also, I don’t imagine v2 will have any issue with going big. Once the beta is released, I’m certain that at least a few people involved will be given permission to post about it on their social media, and from there it’ll spread like wildfire. Especially since so many people are so hyped about it; everyone I know has heard about it already and are beyond excited, despite only one of them ( out of around 12 ) being here on the forums besides myself.

4 Likes

@SpinalMeltage @arf Very True.

2 Likes

I think the prominent news outlets will pick up the story when it’s released. Just like some of them did when V2 was announced. But I actually hope the app grows more organically so we all have an advantage before it becomes too crowded… Lol :blush:

4 Likes

probably on twitter and maybe instagram. i still come across people who haven’t even heard that v2 is a thing lmao

Hopefully other creators will share it, and the message will get passed on

true ive come across people who knew about v2 and those who havent. but then again those ppl havent even heard of the OG vine

2 Likes

Probably through social media. Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat will all probably have stuff posted on the big accounts and then news outlets like Buzzfeed will probably cover it too

1 Like

i’ll just promote it through word of mouth, but outside of that and other people posting about it on social media, i anticipate that a lot of news outlets will give it press coverage which helps a lot.

1 Like