How to keep v2 running as long as possible

I believe that the reason Vine did not work as well was because of how all of the “big stars” went on to do other projects on different outlets for more monetary gain. However, let’s all be clear, most of the Vines that I see circulating around Twitter and other social media are the vines that either became popular “one hit wonders” of just random or silly, scripted moments created by smaller creators. I think the most important aspect to keep as many creators on v2 is to:

Have a system where they can actually gain money off of doing ads, kind of like YouTube, if one creator wishes to do so. I suggest that if there was a creator that was partnered with v2, they can actually upload edited clips, however the restrictions on it should be only for ads, etc. Furthermore, if there is a partnered page or profile, they can only upload pre-recorded/edited clips if the app is also taking a share from the profit.

I feel like this could get v2 running, encourage people to actually get on the app and create content. It could also expose us to so much more new talent. Of course there will be a checks and balances type of system that will make sure no one abuses the system, but maybe i’m reading too much into it :/.

I just want to say, I’m just a Business Finance Major, only 2 years into College. I don’t know if these aspects I’ve listed already were in place or anything of that nature. What I’m saying could make no sense at all, i’m just throwing some ideas out there, so if anybody wants to chime in and add other thoughts that could make me sound less like an idiot, lol, please do!!

Danny

18 Likes

i honestly agree with you but hopefully ads dont kill this beautiful thing

13 Likes

definitely! Ads are essential to any sort of app to be honest, that’s why however much we should focus on creating that aspect of ad revenue, we should also have a check and balances to make sure it’s fair and not abused.

4 Likes

I could not agree with you more. I feel like people started vine with the intention to eventually move on to YouTube as if that had to be the natural progression. If there was a way for creators to monetize their content, so many people wouldn’t feel like they have to “graduate”.

6 Likes

YESS!!! That’s what I’m saying. Let’s keep the creators on V2!

3 Likes

If they could monetize in the slightest I think they’d see a huge amount of retention, especially with the decline in ad rev from YT and a lot of creators having videos not be monetized.

3 Likes

A small flash banner type ad would work well, kind of at the top of the clip but disappears in a few moments.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if there will be a way to continuously watch videos similar to IG stories, if so, maybe after so many videos a quick mid-roll ad is thrown in? I’m just not a huge fan of banner ads.

4 Likes

Vine story’s

1 Like

I was thinking more the advertisers would directly work with the creator? But in order to post about the Ad, they have to agree to all of v2’s terms? Something like that, because that’s how it works on Instagram I believe.

2 Likes

yeah, I think it’s no different than how snap injects ads between stories. idk

2 Likes

Yeah I guess those ads can be working with either the creator, v2 themselves, or both. It just shouldn’t be overbearing with ads. That’s my fear that this is what it’ll turn out to be. :confused:

1 Like

There’s so many revenue models to choose from. Hopefully neither is overbearing.

2 Likes

I feel there should not be “verified viners” or any promoted vines because that makes some people feel as if they do not wish to create more vines because they haven’t gotten verified or promoted. (just my opinion @dhof )

4 Likes

on the same side of that, wouldn’t a verification process inspire to create more content since there’s something to work towards?

6 Likes

what about like a 1 second ad every 5 loops or something? terrible? acceptable? i have no idea

3 Likes

true yes, but i think of many people have been verified then the people who have not been verified maybe quit creating content because it makes them sad

2 Likes

Yeah I agree in a sense, but then again the whole point is to keep v2 going for as long as possible you know. Even though we may not like it, we do need another “Lele Pons” to help run the site in ads. Either that, or having many independent smaller creators have the ability to monetize.

2 Likes

The lack of ads is one thing that was great about Vine. As much as I hope V2 doesn’t have ads, I understand it probably needs to. I just hope there’s a unique way of doing so, rather than scrolling through and being interrupted by a Badoo ad… whatever that may be.

ALSO, ads better not be longer than 6 seconds…

5 Likes

I’m more talking about ads directly connected to the content creator. For example, let’s say Nike had an ad program with a v2 creator, then as per terms, to post ads on v2, Nike had to give a certain % to v2, and the rest could be collected by the creator, etc.

1 Like