How to get popular!

I can’t tell if you are being serious or sarcastic. low iq over here :sweat_smile:

1 Like

yikes

1 Like

I did say low iq

1 Like

Hey guys! New user here! Trynna just getting my name out there haha! I byte back so check me out ! @rommie :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha right

As long as there is a Popular Now page that is based on how fast you can get likes or rebytes, this is going to happen. Same thing happened on Vine and it’s already underway on Byte.

I don’t really like it, but, it’s the game you gotta play if you want a chance, unfortunately. I’ve said from the beginning that I hoped there wouldn’t be a popular page on Byte to avoid what happened on Vine. I’d love to see Your Mix (that shows a random mix of popular videos plus other videos gaining traction) replace Popular Now, but that’s probably not going to happen.

10 Likes

Yep, and agree that it sucks.

Lol

this is crazy interesting, is it really that easy?

1 Like

Well, it’s actually not very easy unless you have a large number of followers, then nearly everything you post is guaranteed to land on the popular page. If you don’t have a large number of followers, breaking through can be more difficult the way the popular page works right now.

Most people are getting their videos seen on Your Mix page, and the byte team is working on ways to improve it and eventually give it more prominence on the search page.

7 Likes

hey byte i think you guys should also expand the trending for animations and obviously other categories to other editors and not the same creators each day !

1 Like

That’s what’s up, congratulations, gotta check you out

1 Like

Add me to one of you have:
IG: freettomyssto_
byte: lukag

Nah just do it the OG way, Byte 'n Pray

1 Like