How to end up on the Spotlight channel!

I have a lot of Bytes that I feel like really hit the mark and should totally be spotlighted. Does anyone have any tips/tricks on how they ended up on the Spotlight channel? Any insight you have would be really helpful!

Thanks so much!

Also go check me out and tell me if you agree! (I could be totally wrong)
Byte handle:
@Jener

7 Likes

Well there really is no trick or anything to get onto the spoghtlight really. Because the byte team are the ones who chose the content they like/appreciate in some way that feels like it should be spotlighted. But it isn’t impossible though just keep making awesome bytes and maybe some day they will go across your content and put it in there.

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure there is no trick into getting into spotlight. My advice is just continue posting content that you like making and try to improve along the way

5 Likes

It really is just luck of the draw a lot of the time tbh.

8 Likes

Yeah as the others stated, the Byte team hand picks the bytes to be on spotlight. Your content is good so just keep pumping out bytes and maybe one day you’ll get on the spotlight page! :metal::metal:

6 Likes

Yea @Jacobshadowminer summed it up pretty nicely, but kept doing your best. Make sure not to stick to one category and really just put yourself out there, the more variety you have the more likely you’ll be seen :+1:t5:

5 Likes

It truly is a surprise every time. In the past I didn’t even realize one of my byte was chosen for spotlight until someone told me. Just keep creating awesome content and I’m sure they will spotlight one soon!

8 Likes

Yea to that end, would be cool at some point to get a notification and/or like a star symbol on a byte that’s spotlight :star:

14 Likes

yeah exactly I probably have made spotlight at some point and never realised it lol.

3 Likes

Not sure. In fact, im sure a lot of people wouldn’t even know they were on spotlight. We definitely need notifications for this lol. I think using trending hashtags would help.

5 Likes

Getting lucky. Got there twice, both times I was so so happy. I will say you really can’t predict it. The first one was an edited joke with music and text. The second was a very short video just riffing on a byte beat. Just keep making unique content, and eventually spotlight will land on you.

2 Likes

Any idea on what they look for in a Byte? Like there has to be a style/ motif/ decree/ certain aspects they look for when defining what’s Spotlight-able no?

1 Like

Bro. I think a notification or :star: Is a great idea! @dom ???

1 Like

I think it’s uniqueness. I just say a video of a girl chocking on an egg, spitting it out, then playing a meme song.

Followed by what looks to be a really complicated stop motion.

Quality, or Standing out seems to be the first thing

3 Likes

I can say the expectations they have in a good byte from the partner program is no letter word videos like no big letter covering the video, vertical videos, clear viewable videos and originality. Also categorizing it in the right place lol which shouldn’t be an issues for most really haha.

2 Likes

There are bytes that are put on the spotlight channel months after they’ve been uploaded.

We might see you on there in December. Who knows? :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Ayyy that would be dank :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:
and u right it’s important to keep in mind the dates of the ones you see on there! They’re not all from yesterday !

1 Like

Not sure how to get on the spotlight channel but I went and checked out your bytes and they are just about as good as anyone elses. Keep up the good work. If I had ever been on the spotlight channel I would have never known. Would be a nice if the app told you something like that.

Waterfalls.
Byte has spotlighted multiple of my waterfall videos.
(In all seriousness, spotlight is just what vibes best with the byte content mods. For me, it happened to be my nature based posts. Something which is unique and original has more chance but it’s luck of the draw)

Recategorize to #critiques ?