How to download your own forum posts & data

If anyone wants to download their own posts and forum data before the forum disappears later today, you can do that by clicking on your profile picture (upper right corner of screen), then click on the preferences icon (last one), then click on Activity.

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 9.39.12 AM

In the menu on the left, you should see a Download All option, click on that and follow the prompts.

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 9.39.27 AM

That will create a private DM with a link to a Zip file, click on the link to download it then double-click on the Zip file to expand it. The Zip file contains a bunch of CSV files which you can open in an app like Excel or Numbers (on Mac). Your actual forum posts are located in the file called user_archive.csv.

Thanks for the memories everyone! :purple_heart:

20 Likes

YOOOOOOOOOO omg i didnt even know this was a thing???

3 Likes

What? I had searched for this a few weeks ago but didn’t find a download all button…and now there it is 2 clicks away. Thanks! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Hey, I don’t have that Expert badge for nuthin. :slight_smile: (Actually, Dom gave it to me.)

6 Likes

A well deserved expert badge <3

2 Likes

What If we make an archived discourse by having everyone send their post data haha :flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed: jk unless :point_right::point_left: :eyes:

3 Likes

:eyes:

2 Likes

Is it possible to import our *.csv files to Blurple by any chance, @Niko? :scream:

1 Like

Ahhh I wish I could be bothered but I can’t :sob: and my laptops broken…

Edit: Ooo, actually I can download it from by phone it’s just all weird and stuff, thanks Tom!!

1 Like

i had noticed the download button yesterday when looking at my bookmarks and used it! that was on my phone tho

2 Likes

Im not entirely sure but if u want do download it just to be safe in case I am able to move stuff over :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ok…WHAT. i tried downloading more and-

this forum trolling me rn😭