How the word is spreading on TikTok about Byte

I was doing some searching on TikTok and found lots of videos like this:

These kids are literally promoting Byte all over TikTok, which is amazing!

Kudos to them for injecting some much-needed life into Byte, as chaotic as it is right now.

23 Likes

That’s so awesome. I wonder why it’s only the “alt” side of tiktok though. Not that I’m complaining. The more the merrier.

9 Likes

it’s because alt tiktok is full of people who don’t just dance lol

8 Likes

Honestly if I was gonna pick a side it’d be that one so im happy lol

7 Likes

Whats weird is most of my byte content is found on tiktok… however on byte its getting HATE from the tiktokers… but on tiktok its heavily loved with no hate… i don’t get it :rofl::man_shrugging:

8 Likes

I just want some good content and not just a byte looking at their screen with text complaining.

Make content. You can do it.

2 Likes

Me too tbh I love their humor

4 Likes

Haha it makes no sense at all

3 Likes

They are used to making lip sync and dance videos on TikTok which you can’t do easily on Byte, so they’re using the in-app tools they have, which isn’t a lot right now, so that’s why you’re seeing screens covered in text. It’s the only Byte tool they like. :slight_smile: They don’t really like the beats at all. If they can’t make what they want on Byte, they make it on TikTok then just upload it.

3 Likes

Is it though? Where are those posts?

Honestly aside from the first 3 days I was on tiktok, by just following viners and liking skits I got rid of them really quick. There is a really funny sketch side of tiktok that is not any weirdness like this alt stuff

Sarah Schauer is killing it on TikTok

1 Like

She is doing great. I got my own thing about her but that’s a different conversation. I’m happy for her

Byte could function the same way, except there are like 25 different popular pages now, so, hard to make that work in a situation like we’re in now. If we had our primary timeline and Your Mix, the algorithm could take care of the rest and you’d see what you like instead of wading through all the stuff you don’t want. The Channels are going to be hard to make work in this environment. I noticed they changed the default view for each channel to Latest instead of Popular, but, that’s not going to cut it.

2 Likes

Wish they can have it without the logo having a seizure all over the screen.

1 Like

it’s bc on tiktok the algorithm puts your content out to only ppl who it would interest on byte it doesn’t it gets put out to everyone including the us gen z

2 Likes

It’s not you. Alt tiktok is like the deep web for them. It’s basically a fort for alt teens to find their people. They find eachother through sounds and hashtags and that is the only real way to find “alt tiktok”.

I think they don’t know how to handle us so they handle us how they handle all outsiders and adults.

I am not fine with homophobia, death threats or encouraging suicide and those things HAVE to stop. I think they will calm. But we can’t let them wonder away rejected because we can’t adapt. Inability to adapt is a boomer problem. We have to show them millennials and boomers are not interchangeable.

2 Likes

Check the comments of this vid! They love having a place that they feel welcome. We just have to reassure them that we are chill even if we’re not cool.

2 Likes

No, it works like that too. You like what you want to see more of and follow channels and people that you’re into.

3 Likes

it’s mainly because we have a better sense of the world and humor and stuff so we don’t want it being straight tiktok drama into byte and mess everything up

1 Like