How should v2 ultimately create revenue, and what mistakes should it avoid?

A) The opportunity to profit off of the app like so many YouTube creators b) The same reason you’d want to get big anyway fame and followers.

The 10 cents you pay isn’t even out of your own pocket, it comes from the viewers that pay you. You lose no money in the transaction at all. Also you are motivated to create better content for the platform.

5 Likes

The problem is that fame doesn’t motivate me nor a lot of other people. Creating good content does. The fact I have to pay for my content to be uploaded after I already work hard to create it almost seems like a insult- that’s just my personal opinion tho!

6 Likes

In another topic I gave the suggestion of paying for customization. Nothing that would give advantage to one user over another, but to give more options with the service. Things like profile themes. Custom themes created by Artists, that you weren’t stock. More editing tools, and even higher tiers of storage.

4 Likes

Maybe the Ad’s can be on bigger creators profiles? Like you see their profile picture, ’their about me, a Vine they put that they think best resembles their content and below that is an Ad that just loops,an ad made from the company, and people can just easily scroll past that 1 add to the creators videos.

2 Likes

This is a problem. One people will probably pay like $20 and gain a million followers and get out of v2.

Let’s say a guy started paying 10 cents and gets 10k followers every time he posts a vine. He will probably continue doing it until he gains a million followers. Done. He goes to YouTube, brings his audience over there, starts to do sponsorships and probably never look back at v2 again.

Personally, I think ads (not like Instagram ones) are the best. But since the Ad-revenue model is declining and brands sponsoring artists with a large voice, v2 should demand “incentives” of the sponsorship amounts,
OR
v2 should place ads like Instagram and pay the artist with [Cost Per 1000 Loops] or [Cost Per Every View] and pay out to content creators which makes income much more consistent and income can be calculated much more fair.

I think both of these thing should be implemented. Please make @dom read this if you’re also interested in seeing this implemented. Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

I think ads (not like Instagram ones) are the best. But since the Ad-revenue model is declining and brands sponsoring artists with a large voice, v2 should demand “incentives” of the sponsorship amounts,
OR
v2 should place ads like Instagram and pay the artist with [Cost Per 1000 Loops] or [Cost Per Every View] and pay out to content creators which makes income much more consistent and income can be calculated much more fair.

I think both of these thing should be implemented. Please make @dom read this if you’re also interested in seeing this implemented. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

they could intergrate it into the vines e.g if you loop a vine 5 times, a 3 second ad plays, nothing intrusive but something impactful enough to convey what the advertiser wants

5 Likes

I think the tax idea is pretty solid! 10 cents (or some percentage) per upload per 100k followers is more than fair. I also support the idea because it looks like a fair trade. You bring traffic to V2 and V2 further continues to give you that platform. Keeping in mind that the tax comes out of revenue the artist has made.

That + the idea to have a short ad play after a certain number of loops sounds solid too!

When artists reach a certain amount of followers, they can apply for monetization via ads played on their videos after an X amount of loops. Then V2 gets a percentage of the revenue? Maybe V2 can also get a percentage from the advertisers as well?

Could be something like charging advertisers $.30 per 100 plays. $.20 goes to the V2. $.10 goes to the artists. With that example, the artist gets $100 with 100,000 loops and V2 gets $200 (if my math is correct lmfao)

Doesn’t sound too bad!

6 Likes

i completely disagree, the big creators will make the app more popular and will generate an audience for people to use the apps services more frequently. they grow the app’s user fanbase

1 Like

I’m not sure why you posted it twice but you missed a critical component and that is as an audience grows so does the tax per upload. You don’t pay the ten cents (didn’t think I needed to reiterate it is an example I don’t know how much money V2 needs to operate) forever. It was just an arbitrary number to demonstrate my idea. You also ignored how the price increases.

3 Likes

What is it you disagree with, I agree with you on that…

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a good idea to charge us at all I believe if its ment to be to be a vine star then it’s ment to be but I think it’s dumb that to charge people for uploading content they don’t charge famous YouTubers to upload. I think if you make it big on v2 then you should get paid. What do you think?

2 Likes

I’m gonna agree with you on this. I don’t think charging artists is the way to go, if you become famous, then you become famous.

1 Like

Exactly I think they should pay us and honestly we don’t know if we will get paid that and if they decide not to pay us like the ex vine stars but charge us 10 cents to upload then ■■■■■ will end up so called dying. So I think if you become ■■■■■ famous then those people should get paid for uploading content and if you don’t make it big then you don’t get paid simple as that.:grin:

1 Like

I agree with everything you are saying. They should definitelt do this if it can work on a big scale.

1 Like

Needs to be fixed up a bit, but I like the idea.

1 Like

If you are just looking at this as a way to become famous and make money than you are looking at it wrong. (in my opinion) once you are a big creator you should know how to make money and the small fee wont be much.

I really like how jakestudebaker put it. “After five years on YouTube o was $4 away from the $100 threshold. Now people have watched my content for 5 WHOLE YEARS without it helping me one bit. Only YouTube. I kind of wish I never even had monetization set up.”

3 Likes

Yes, I did notice the price growth as the followers grow…well I just made a rough estimate… nothing else.

1 Like

Or/And maybe v2 can put ads for every 5-10 loops (regardless if it’s the same video or not, after every 5 or 10 loops) and can pay for server maintenance, employees, etc.

1 Like

I think the Instagram style ads and banned ads on creator’s pages are awesome ideas along with paying for more color customization and maybe something like Discord with allowing animated profile pictures or added features for premium users!

2 Likes