How should the comment section be organized?

I feel like having it strictly chronological like Instagram makes the comments less important, but strictly “like” based could also make most comments nearly invisible. I like how Reddit does their comments, I think it’s sort of a ratio of how recent the comment was posted to how many upvotes it has. Interested to hear other thoughts on this!

6 Likes

Only the first comment uploaded gets to be viewed by anyone. After that middle school kid comments “1st” the comments are locked too bad youre too late.

1 Like

maybe how instagram does their comments, i don’t know

2 Likes

maybe the creator could pin certain comments that they want to show under their post

9 Likes

I was literally about to mention that. ^

1 Like

like it was on vine…

1 Like

Sounds similar to how YouTube does it? I mean hey it works great why create something new

1 Like

That could be interesting, the only issue would be if people self promoted after their post goes viral like people on Twitter have been doing like “while you’re here please check out my soundcloud” and other things like that. That could be good though, if the creator likes a comment that could hold more weight than a viewer liking a comment. Also maybe not being able to like your own comment could be a good thing

2 Likes

i think how instagram features comments made by people you follow, or people the creator follows would be good. Other than that chronological order maybe?? Maybe with a character minimum so it isn’t filled with spam

2 Likes

A 250 character limit, with most liked comments appearing first. Self promotion and spam bots comments should be deleted. No disliking comments. Also being able to like your own comment (lol) and an edit button.

3 Likes

Yeah, also the comment section should be in chronological order instead of most liked, but maybe there could be a switch to change that so maybe if you want to see the most popular comment, you can flick the switch and it’ll show most popular/liked comment, just my thought.

3 Likes

Perhaps the viewer could select to view latest vs top comments?

2 Likes

I would enjoy it if there were Gif options as comments…or even better yet, a quick (V2 length) vid as a Comment Feature.

1 Like

That’s a good idea!! Especially the character minimum/max because spam is duumb

3 Likes

I agree with the person saying how Instagram does their comments, before I used to get confused with multiple convos going on. Especially if there was music or song people wanted to know…

1 Like

i’m already used to instagram so i like this idea

1 Like

After thinking about it for a really long time I’ve decided that I REALLY want this. I have some ideas that would heavily benefit from pinning comments to the top

1 Like

Honestly, I think that Dom is going to make this app a bit different from V*ne. He’ll probably change the format and algorithm, but it will have the same creativity

1 Like

c h r o n o l o g i c a l

1 Like