How exactly does the spotlight work?

So I’ve read through old forum posts about the spotlight and I’ve learned that the videos are handpicked by staff at byte… I’m just unsure about how often it’s updated. Some posts have said it’s updated daily but I have seen bytes on the spotlight multiple days in a row. Anyone have any info?

8 Likes

When they update it the older spotlight posts are just bumped down. That’s why you would see the same ones on the list multiple days.

7 Likes

I’m curious now :thinking:

2 Likes

I’ve come to like the Spotlight tbh, it’s super mixed and doesn’t seem to have a trend so to speak

3 Likes

One day… One day… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I like spotlight because Spotlight seems to really like my waterfall content :see_no_evil:

Lmao In all seriousness, it’s curated so it’s generally got lots of unique content

2 Likes

Do you receive any notification when your content is selected to Spotlight?

1 Like

No, you don’t, but people will mention sometimes when spotlight brought them to you, and spotlight is same for everybody.
I check spotlight daily myself as it’s shown me a lot of super cool content and creators.

5 Likes

Got it, thanks!! Yes, the spotlight section is awesome and I found some of my favorites creators there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is interesting information, I get to explore with what Spotlight offers.

1 Like

Dear “Spotlight” can we be friends?!?

1 Like

Today I learned to appreciate spotlight. I was wondering where all these likes were coming from. Here’s to hoping I don’t disappoint moving forward!