How do you show your appreciation/enjoyment?

legit if my family laugh at your stuff, then they highkey approve of that person over me, as their child ;-;

2 Likes

Perfect! That sounds like a reasonable number and was kind of what I had in mind. Thank you so much for the help as always! :grinning:

2 Likes

It’s a rule I’ve kinda stuck to since the beginning when I got a better grasp of how the app and the rebyte function works.
:innocent: always happy to help when I can!

2 Likes

LOL I thought I was the only one! I legit have a good laugh and then just SCROLL like how do I forget smh, I’ve been more proactive with ensuring I rebyte stuff that’s worthy now though and it’s becoming less and less of a chore thank God

3 Likes

I’ll add that this generally means waiting about an hour after you post to rebyte others as well.

Also: by no means does anyone have to abide by this. It’s just my general rule of thumb for myself…otherwise I’ll go rebyte crazy.

2 Likes

Dude! It’s even worse when you notice people are Rebyting your stuff. You feel very thankful and grateful of that, and then you realize you’re a jerk for not returning the favor for them or other awesome creators.

I’m not too concerned with it, though. I’ll get better about remembering and giving credit where credit is due. Honestly, I’ve been really impressed with how hard this community works to not only make their aspirations a reality, but also bring along others with them so that we all win. That is a VERY difficult thing to do…all while balancing life outside of the app. It’s very YouTube-esque prior to all the drama and selfishness and obsession over fame and numbers…when everyone realized that it was best when they got along and grew together.

6 Likes

The only time my parents laugh at my jokes is if I’m making a joke out of myself ;-;

1 Like

yeah this community as a whole is great for recognising smaller accounts, I’m trying harder to do so myself cos I used to be like that too. now I’m fortunate and extremely grateful enough to say I have a healthy core of people that engage with my stuff, so I would wanna shine some light on new/small people. if I’m eating, we’re all eating :triumph::100:

3 Likes

I’m a commenter, through and through :smile: I rebyte sparingly, only when I REALLY like something

4 Likes

oof big rip there Gwyn ;-; dw, in my family I AM the joke:)

1 Like

The rebyte feature became problematic for a bit…which is why I think a lot of us stepped off of it. :woozy_face:
I honestly went almost a month without rebyting at all…and forgot about it. :weary:

3 Likes

that’s also true, I at one point actually got scared to use it in case I was deemed to be spamming, but I’m over that now

2 Likes

Flashbacks to r4r groups going rebyte crazy. :scream:

1 Like

:flushed::flushed::flushed: :RiceMad: 20 rebytes in a row from 1 guy

1 Like

Awww, neefling.

1 Like

this is like the 10th nickname LOL I love it

1 Like

Everybody has their own nickname for you. That’s personalization- it means people like you, buddy.

1 Like

:triumph: cue waterworks that’s v kind of you:)

1 Like

All of the above, but if nothing else, I primarily like and comment. If someone starts a hashtag and it’s something I appreciate or want to help further the engagement, I’ll contribute and include the hashtag. Granted, I don’t necessarily have the pull and exposure as a lot of people on the app do, but I have received messages from people, appreciative of the engagement and participation. That definitely means a lot, and helps spark me further in being more involved.

2 Likes

Haven’t checked if anybody has answered this but if any android users don’t know how to download their video who would like to share on other socials that have your ‘byte account name’ and the ‘byte watermark’ here are the steps to that :smiley: [WITH PICTURES]

• Click on the byte you’d like to download

• Tap on the video and you’ll get the comment section pop-up
    You’ll see on the top right section the 3 icons “The 3 dots, The arrow, and The like button”
    Click on the arrow icon which will open a new pop-up

• This pop-up gives you 4 options… Share, Copy link, Export, and More [The more Icon is just another “Delete option” You don’t need to go there unless you’re planning to delete your byte :joy: ] Click the “export” button which will begin to download/Encode your byte

• Once done Encoding your phone will ask you where would you like to share this to? I personally send my exported video through Messenger by sending it to my dad or my younger brother and save it off there :joy: :joy: but you can try regular text, Email, or as a direct Social media post if you want to. The reason why you have to send your exported byte is that it doesn’t save directly to your gallery for some weird reason. so in order to actually get it saved into your gallery… you’re gonna have to send it through text or a messaging app where you can properly download it.
    [I haven’t tried it those ways but let me know if you do! maybe it might be easier idk]

5 Likes