How do you feel about V2 using The Full Camera!? 📸

Camera phones have improved so much since vines conception.
I’m excited to see the video formatting upgrade to the ability to film Wide Screen (Profile OR Landscape) in V2!

That combined with better quality video is going to be awesome.
This might be the key thing that prevents people coming back and recycling old Vines, because V2 videos will likely look far cleaner!

What do you peeps think!? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think it would be really cool to implement a landscape and portrait mode. That would be so amazing and great video ideas!

3 Likes

Although the iconic square would be the framework of vine

3 Likes

Right that’s how I feel!

1 Like

I wonder though, people having such bigger phones these days, I feel it might even be better that we evolve from the square, and allow people to be immersed in hilarity, from the top of their phone screens to the bottom :joy::joy::joy::+1:t5:!

Well I’d say portrait mode made vine unique and differ from many other video sharing platforms so maybe it should stay the same to keep that vibe?

3 Likes

I sincerely prefer the square format tho

3 Likes

Yes I’m with this!

3 Likes

Personally I agree, Portrait mode is key! I just think it would be cool to see ‘Full’ portrait instead (or as well as) square format.

I’m not too interested in Landscape tbh.

2 Likes

I didn’t know

Well no one really knows what’d happen if they support landscape tbh so maybe they should try it I guess

1 Like

That was my first thought too… But then I thought about how it could look being different. I do agree with both though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same plus if uploaded to YouTube, I’d be portrait mode.

1 Like

Exactly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why does it have to be a choice?

I can’t come up with a reason to not have both options available.

1 Like

I prefer portrait

1 Like

i like the square video format, it works better in a timeline where you are scrolling through a long list of videos and allows you to see the video and the caption below at the same time. Also, square is universal. It will fit easily on all phones, no matter the screen size.

1 Like

I think it’s a great idea! But I also hope theres an option to use the original square too :((

1 Like

I think 1:1 or 4:3 ratio would work well. Wide and portrait would seem to YouTubey and musical.ly and wide and portrait would just look off while using v2 in portrait(which is the way it should be used tbh). 4:3 would be smoooth. Given there’s not a lot of quality loss.

1 Like

i feel like it would be so cool !!! cant wait for the new vines

1 Like