How do you discover new apps?

Hi everyone!

I’d like to say again how much the Yuser team appreciates your support and involvement in building our app. I’m interested to know how do you discover new apps? Do you find them in publications/blogs/forums you follow? From influencer/creator promos? Word of mouth from friends?

If you could post in the comments how/where you usually find out about new apps I would appreciate it :slight_smile:

If you’d like in early on Yuser please sign up at www.yuser.co and join us on Telegram https://t.me/yuser_network

Thank you,

Mike

5 Likes

I always hear it from my friends but sometimes I see little ads on games and they look pretty neat. Maybe you could invest some money to have your app be advertised in one of those addicting game apps.

4 Likes

Definitely on our radar, thanks!

4 Likes

Game ads, instagram ads, and influencers too (but not as much. A lot of influencers are scams anyways :confused: )

1 Like

Good to hear. Unfortunately in some cases influencer promos are just done to make money.

For the game and Instagram ads what typically entices you to download the app or game?

4 Likes

I normally find new apps just by strolling around in the App Store, which I do rather often. If I find something interesting, I’ll usually download it and try it out. Lately, however, most of the apps I’ve been using I actually discovered here on the forums. I discovered Oevo here, and of course, I found Yuser here as well!

3 Likes

Honestly, now that I think about it it is not only a nice looking ad but consistency. If I see an ad 10 times I’ll eventually give in and give it a look. If the game/app looks interesting and it offers some kind of incentive (idk maybe an extra 5000 gems to start with or something), then I’ll be more inclined.

People also are very inclined to join in on something if they think they can use the platform to their benefit. A equal opportunity “highlights” page is worth mentioning

1 Like

That’s definitely something we could do in terms of rewarding a user with our in-app currency. I agree that people want to be able to see how a platform can help the. Can you expand on the ‘highlights’ page idea please?

2 Likes

I usually hear about it from my friends or on the news. Every once in a while I’ll check to see what’s near the top of the charts of the app store to see what the next big thing is. I hate the ads. Especially the ones where you see an ad for the same app like every other ad. The more ads I see for the same app, the less inclined I am to get it. I think “Your app must really be crappy if you’re trying that hard to get people to download it.”

2 Likes

Honestly if I see the app featured on the front page of Google Play, then I check it out.

2 Likes

Fair enough.

2 Likes

Good to know as well.

1 Like

I sometimes go on twitter and usually there is someone promoting an app for a purpose. E.g a person may show different apps used to photo edit. Also, from YouTube tutorials and friends.

1 Like

Honestly, the best possible thing you guys could do is get Dom to give you a shoutout and recommend the app on his twitter. Everyone that follows Dom basically want to know more about any 6 second looping video. If he publicly endorsed you guys that could be huge. (Instagram adds is probs the best)

2 Likes

Usually through friends or other social media’s like twitter or YouTube !

Twitter ads, Instagram ads, maybe even get Dom to tweet about it he has a nice following on twitter. Panels, conventions, irl conferences. Sponsored tweets & such. How do you guys plan to promote the app some more?

2 Likes

Thank you everyone, this is very helpful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Y’all can try tumblr ads too lmao

Basically Twitter and Instagram Ads

Honestly, I discover apps through YouTube Advertisements, have you noticed that YouTube has many ads and you can’t watch the entire video because of it?

Sometimes that bugs me a little.