How do ya'll feel about me making Byte compilations on youtube?

I feel like most Byte compilations kinda suck and just scrape the top of the comedy page, and wanted to make one, or a series of ones that highlight Bytonians and Bytes that I like.

Like, that’s how I discovered a lot of Viners I love.

How do you feel about Byte compilations, if the videos are unmonetized and cite all the creators?

22 Likes

I say do it brosive, I mean I felt the same way about compilations that’s why I started making my own and wanted to include some unseen talent. I never use the popular page because it’s kinda become saturated with some over played over rebyted content

7 Likes

bro i say go ahead and do it, it’ll show people outside of the byte community that there’s actually funny and talented people on here instead of some of the stale humor i see on the “spotlight” page or “popular” page as well.

5 Likes

I think the more exposure byte can get, the better. And cross platform promotion is super important, so I encourage you to do this if you have the time! Awesome idea (also Bytonian gang)

7 Likes

I feel the same way tbh which is why I’m working on a comp that doesnt just skim the popular page but pulls from as many different creators possible. Lol it’s so crazy cause I started a youtube channel just for byte comps the same way you are talking about here. I love a good compilation. I say go for it!!

4 Likes

Long as you’re not biased about particular creators. I don’t watch Byte compilations because it’s already popular content that I already saw. I prefer seeing up and rising creators who are pumping out OG content that rarely gets recognition.

Fyi, always give credit so viewers can check out the creator

cc @PlasticRice

10 Likes

@Pac Dude you’re just begging for an essay.

I think Byte compilations are good for the purposes of getting Byte’s name out. Compilations will change as more people join the platform, and the top 50 people become top 500 recognisable people, etc.

So instead of 1k people knowing the top 100 people, it’ll be like 100k people knowing the top 1k people. That might get us the variety that is needed. Otherwise, just make your own if you’re not happy with how they are now and think some smaller creators deserve the hype.

Or you could make a compilation focused on up and coming creators, that could be a differentiator to get people to watch your compilation!

6 Likes

Heck yesss :metal::metal: but just don’t be surprised if a company claims your video cuz I know of at least one company who is working with byte and is claiming some byte comps. Higher chance of that happening if you include some of the popular creators but if it’s mostly unknown creators, the chance of it being claimed will be less. Just a heads up cuz it really doesn’t mean much but it might happen :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Go ahead! I think it would be fun!
Just make sure there is a varying style of bytes on the compilation!

3 Likes

id like to echo Tupac’s sentiment. But yep, it could be wonderful. Pls include Casarez his stuff really cracks me up.

5 Likes

Maybe you could include the people that commented on this?

4 Likes

Byte compilation is a great idea for a place like IGTV as well. Has to be longer than a minute and thirty sec, I think!

4 Likes

I think it’s a great way to get byte, some creators and some bytes exposure! Tyler ( @Tylerwinrow )'s byte video blew up on tik tok and on twitter, so if that could happen more often and to more people it would really spread the word.

4 Likes

I’m going to start sharing every compilations I can look for :100:. (One compilation a week).

3 Likes

Deadass vine compilations are the reason vine blew up so big so

3 Likes

I think it’d be great! Any publicity is good publicity and more people need to enjoy Byte!

4 Likes

Thanks for the cc, @Pac.

Bro, let me tell ya. Compilations, sharing on social media – they’re INTEGRAL to Byte gaining steam. The ingenuity of Byte as a business model has this as one of its crucial steps, in my own opinion. Creating awesome, funny, universal content, which can be spread through other social media apps is what made Vine unique unlike any other platform. Vine compilations have been absolutely IMMORTALIZED into YouTube, and so have its more prominent creators, it’s beautiful, and poetic, in a way.

We’re in the early stages of Byte, and most people don’t even know Byte exists so far. Creating Byte compilations and getting its early creators exposure as more and more good content is put out in conjunction with the creator program and inevitable marketing campaigns these next few months will be the beginning of something beautiful, something we all want to see happen, and this is one of many steps to take: sharing it on other social media :^). Go for it, dude! Just like everyone else says, try not to be so biased to more popular creators, try to get a mix of all sorts of content, make sure to be all-inclusive. <3

6 Likes

I’m all for it! It’s my dream to make it into a compilation lol

5 Likes

This is why we LOVE YOU Plastic Rice when the King speaks all listens!!!

5 Likes

That’s really nice

3 Likes