How do I make friends on here without giving out personal information

I like the forum format, but I think DMs would be faster to ask people about collaborating. I want to reach out to people without search them up on here and feelings creepy haha. I’d like to become friends with creators because people seem really nice on Byte honestly. I’m also worried that people think I’m like 12 and not their age lol.

6 Likes

Well, welcome. I don’t know if this is your first post or not.
Also…
Hi, I’ll be your friend.
You don’t gotta collaborate with me or anything…just hey! :woozy_face:

2 Likes

What I’ve seen people doing, at the moment, is exchanging other social media information - like IG or Twitter handles, and following them there so that the DM interactions can take place.

4 Likes

You can also start private threads on here. It’s like dms but forum style :yum:

5 Likes

To send someone a message on here:
Click on their little pic.
It’ll pull up a wee window.
Click message!

Viola!

1 Like

There are similar topics to yours…use search engine

4 Likes

Thanks Pac. :innocent::pray:t3:

3 Likes

for now the forums have a direct message feature if you wanna try reaching some one.

1 Like

I recommend checking out the byte discord, good place to start. Quick search on the forums should find you a link.

4 Likes

Is it an invite only discord??

3 Likes

No, it’s public. There’s a link on this thread I think: Y'all want to chill on discord tonight? Partner celebration?

4 Likes

I’ve got a private insta, but I started a public insta with very little information for connecting with other Byters.

My Twitter is public, but I mostly talk religion and politics there, which keeps most people away. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I kind of thought we already WERE friends…

2 Likes

if anyone wants to be friends on here you will not regret. i will be your biggest hypeman

3 Likes

Also if I can just add (I’ve been here like 4ever), nothing against seeing the creators you like, or admire that seem nice, and just making a GC. I’ve been in 3 or 4 that started that way. Theres also the forum discord, and lots of lots of lots of groupchats. I’d say that your best bet, either joining an existing one or making a new one :slight_smile:

(Heres the big discord)

Oh and I’ve been in discord chats, group me chats, Instagram chats, forum dms, all of em. Worst thing that will happen that I’ve seen is a creator doesnt say anything or just removes themselves. Were all pretty nice hahaha

3 Likes

:violin::violin::violin::violin:

3 Likes

Exactly