How did Vine make money?

I don’t remember seeing ads there so I honestly don’t know

4 Likes

it didn’t

9 Likes

was funded by reptilians

12 Likes

i wondered that too wasn’t there just sponsored posts?

3 Likes

It apparently got more people to make twitter accounts, so it benefitted twitter, who owned vine, but the actual vine app and content creators were never directly compensated by means of money through Vine itself.

16 Likes

brand deals i think

5 Likes

yeah yeah that’s what i was thinking too

5 Likes

That’s dumb surely it would have lived it had ads

7 Likes

i feel like it’s hard since videos are just 6 seconds so imagine getting an ad every 10 videos which accounts to 60 seconds every ad

4 Likes

Anything it takes.

2 Likes

hopefully byte does a better job at monetization

2 Likes

you know what they say, money doesn’t grow on vines, it grows on trees, which are always greener on the other side

8 Likes

that’s a good question. We’ll see how this pans out on byte

1 Like

yep

2 Likes

It was the third party apps I remember viners making ads and fitting it in 6 sec video

2 Likes

I think the business models of a lot of start-ups at the time is that they don’t make money and operate at a loss/don’t generate revenue and proliferate quickly so they’re acquired by a big firm.

Their revenue comes from investors who get a share of the app when it’s bought out.

This is still how things work today, but I think the industry is slowly slipping away from this model.

1 Like

…and it sure did. I’m starting to miss the Nike campaign :sob:

yeah, that was how the creators made money. but for the actual company running the app, they didnt make anything :pensive:

1 Like