How can we stop Bots on Byte 🤔

I’ve noticed that there are a lot of Bots / Spam Accounts on Byte at the moment.

I really hate when I post a video and all of a sudden I get spam on my video.

I was just wondering if anybody else is going through this same issue and does anyone know when the Spam madness will stop ?

7 Likes

I just delete or remove their comments.

What you can do is to report the account.

I am sure lots of these bots are being removed.

5 Likes

We’ve had the main purge of bots. Some people are just desperate, but there are a few bots left so be sure to report them

9 Likes

block and report whenever there is obvious abuse is my usual method

3 Likes

Some of them aren’t boys, sometimes they camp on the latest waiting for the user to upload (assuming)

3 Likes

There really aren’t that many bots. There are some people with accounts who post spammy comments, but, compared to the first few days after the app launched, I haven’t seen many spam bots in the comments of my videos or other videos in my feed.

I just get serial follow/unfollows mostly from an account called funny70 (before that it was from an account called funny69).

7 Likes

nah people literally just like all the latests posts in a hope someone will return a like on theres.

it they don’t even watch the videos so on the latest their is vids with 0 views and 10 likes lol.

1 Like

Funny70 keeps follow and unfollowing me as well. I just ignore that user. One day, he will get tired and stop

2 Likes

lol! same here!

my question , as i’ve been wondering since release , people usually complain about “oh i get no likes blah blah” now we have people complaining about getting likes lmaoo , granted some can be bots , byte has a latest page for a reason man , never really seen people complain about love being showed but hey everyone’s different i guess .

3 Likes

I dont really complain the likes. I cant use the likes to pay my bills. Lmao. For now, i just want to create the videos for fun and makes people laugh. Also make some friends. Thats it.

4 Likes

He likes and follow this thread

2 Likes

I’ve noticed the same thing. I get excited from the first 5 people to like my bytes then I realize they’re just people who follow literally everyone’s bytes.

There are a few accounts that instantly like as soon as you post, and you look at their accounts and they have a couple of bytes with loads of likes because of all the users their bot behaviour brings to their page. They don’t share videos and they’re getting likes unfairly. I report them but nothing happens. It makes it feel a bit pointless posting this app when people can just game the community.

1 Like