Here’s why Clash will NOT be a rival to byte

Byte Clash
Operating Systems iOS & Android iOS
Availability :australia::austria::belgium::brazil::bulgaria::canada::croatia::czech_republic::denmark::estonia::finland::fr::de::hong_kong::hungary::india::ireland::it::jp::latvia::luxembourg::malaysia::mexico::netherlands::new_zealand::norway::poland::portugal::romania::ru::singapore::slovakia::slovenia::es::sweden::switzerland::taiwan::ukraine::uk::us: :canada::us:
Places that the app SHOULD have availability in :aland_islands::albania::algeria::american_samoa::andorra::angola::antigua_barbuda::argentina::armenia::aruba::azerbaijan::bahamas::bahrain::bangladesh::barbados::belarus::benin::bermuda::bhutan::bolivia::bosnia_herzegovina::botswana::brunei::burkina_faso::burundi::cambodia::cameroon::cape_verde::caribbean_netherlands::cayman_islands::central_african_republic::chad::chile::cn::christmas_island::colombia::comoros::congo_brazzaville::congo_kinshasa::cook_islands::costa_rica::cote_divoire::cuba::curacao::cyprus::djibouti::dominica::dominican_republic::ecuador::egypt::el_salvador::equatorial_guinea::eritrea::swaziland::ethiopia::faroe_islands::french_guiana::french_polynesia::gabon::gambia::georgia::ghana::gibraltar::greece::greenland::grenada::guam::guatemala::guinea::guinea_bissau::guyana::haiti::honduras::iceland::indonesia::iran::iraq::israel::jamaica::jordan::kazakhstan::kenya::kiribati::kuwait::kyrgyzstan::laos::lebanon::lesotho::liberia::libya::liechtenstein::lithuania::macau::madagascar::malawi::maldives::mali::malta::marshall_islands::mauritania::mauritius::moldova::mongolia::montenegro::morocco::mozambique::myanmar::namibia::nauru::nepal::new_caledonia::nicaragua::niger::nigeria::macedonia::oman::pakistan::palau::palestinian_territories::panama::papua_new_guinea::paraguay::peru::philippines::puerto_rico::qatar::rwanda::san_marino::sao_tome_principe::saudi_arabia::senegal::serbia::seychelles::sierra_leone::solomon_islands::somalia::south_africa::kr::south_sudan::sri_lanka::st_kitts_nevis::st_lucia::st_vincent_grenadines::sudan::suriname::syria::tajikistan::tanzania::thailand::timor_leste::togo::tokelau::tonga::trinidad_tobago::tunisia::tr::turkmenistan::tuvalu::uganda::united_arab_emirates::uruguay::uzbekistan::vanuatu::venezuela::vietnam::wallis_futuna::western_sahara::yemen::zambia::zimbabwe: Literally EVERYWHERE!!
Creators Dom “Daddy” Hoffman (Creator of Vine) Some Ex-Viners or whatever :roll_eyes:
Ranking #1 in 11 Countries on Social Networking via iOS as of August 2nd Peaked at Top 100 during launch week lolz :joy_cat::joy_cat:
Vibes It’s a community where everyone is nice to each other with a development team that listens to its users It’s full of YouTubers/Viners that just gets paid just for the sake of it :money_mouth_face:
Algorithm Priorities users that make quality content in every category with excellent engagement Only promotes those that can keep its users watching them for the longest whilst they say “doiy¿ im stoiped” lmfao :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:
In conclusion Byte is the perfect place to start when making content with loving, supportive people that’ll stick by you regardless. “Oh No, TiKtOk’S gEtTiNg BaNnEd! So anyway let’s launch this new app and make hella money and gain some clout, FUCK YEAH!!!” That’s all I can say :sweat_smile:
24 Likes

Clash is UGLY.

7 Likes

Yes that too :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

2 Likes

The “producing content just for money” must be a real thing there! Byte community really do be posting for fun and even for the Byte app’s sake c: <3

On a side not, Byte team should really include South american countries! I’ve heard plenty of people sad, even friends about the app not being available in their countries, please think about them :c

4 Likes

clash : we have viners

byte : we have Dom “Daddy” Hoffman…

11 Likes

You love to see it :sunglasses::ok_hand:

1 Like

i’m convinced i have a twin here on the forums, but honestly, clash has potentials if they continue to implement / experiment unique features.

the country availability makes sense; need more market research and the peak is ehhh…(i don’t know about there retention, need more data since it’s fairly new). keep in mind that the market is for everyone, i foresee any app on the rise to succeed / to have a chance to shine. imo

it launched July 25th, 2020. last month alone it had 30k downloads and visibility score is 6k. Peaked top #501- #1500 — US #634 & CA #814. it’s under the photo & video category. (not bad for organic growth)

5 Likes

It’s certainly has a possibility of being the next big platform. Bug fixes are easy, getting it in other countries is easy, and huge people are already on the app. If David Dobrik joins and promotes it (which isn’t an out of the question thought)- it would likely blow up overnight. It will probably happen, they’re just waiting until the app is less glitchy. That’s why I said earlier I hope Byte gets methods of monetization out sooner rather than later :raised_hands::pray: love Byte and I know they’re working on it!

1 Like

I think you’re on the wrong forums this one is for byte not clash

3 Likes

Trust me, I’m for Byte but I report what I see. Clash has legit potential and it seems like most of the current problems with clash are app issues which can be easily fixed. Getting influencers on your app is one of the hardest parts and they got that in the first few days. There’s without a doubt healthy competition in this space and I try my best to remain unbiased even though I’ve been producing Byte Exclusive daily content for almost 3 months now.

4 Likes

It might not be a “rival” but it might bring something new to the table you know. Competition is good. Let’s come back to this in October :smirk:.

Edit: Remember byte launch day?

4 Likes

Triller is worse, cos it looks like it’s been designed by a 12 year old who has just gone through a lobotomy

1 Like

I couldn’t even register an account with Clash because it kept bugging out on the login screen. :roll_eyes: — I brought it to their attention and haven’t heard anything.

2 Likes

@horndizz and I have been conducting experiments

3 Likes

Only promoting users that already have a huge fan base doesn’t give apps diversity and that’s why so many people have basically left tiktok + are hating on Clash and Triller to go to byte so they can get the attention their account deserves

3 Likes

A couple of things I’ve noticed:

• “Now Serving” is completely hand curated by the Clash Team with a clear favoritism towards specific accounts…
  • “new” videos under a hashtag are not in order of latest first. Take a look at the hashtag sections and you will notice videos over the course of 48 hours by verified/clash team accounts. There’s probably 20+ videos before you see a “new” video, and then you are back to the forced, curated content, with no rhyme or reason behind the organization.
  • the “watch all videos” section is another “spotlight” type page that also only favors specific accounts. Go through it and wait for one of those videos to also pop up in “now serving”. It seems like the team puts the video through this section to build up traction before forcing it to the “now serving” page. Curious how a video ends up here…
  • when posting a video, it enters an abyss nowhere to be found…

Everything about the Clash app feels forced. Doesn’t feel organic at all… I guess we will see

5 Likes

I think it’s quite clear what we’re dealing with, there’s no point of byte competing with such an authoritative, dictative app where everything just feels the same and these clash users are only getting attention mainly for the reason that THEIR development team favours thems due to having major fanbases or even if they’re actually good looking just like tiktok.

What if Clash was Instagram Reels all along?

I pointed out some problematic content that Clash had spotlighted on Twitter. Things got a little crazy. I talked to the awesome Karyn Spencer who was very cool and understanding and the content was removed. I deleted my tweet.

I’ve been critical of the app and some of its practices but I didn’t do it as a byte vs clash thing. I hope they flip it and turn it into a proactive/positive thing and irons out their bugs. We are lucky, and I do hope this sheds a light on why the forums are so effective. Because when we encounter stuff like this on Byte we can take it directly to the horses mouth.

I was on vine when all the sh!t went down with Curtis, Sam, and others. And saw the victims tell their stories on the app, all the while vine was still promoting misogynistic content like I saw today. It’s no bueno. I actually made a post about keeping an eye out for predatory behaviors on the forums in the early days of the app.

Some of you were contacted by one of their employees and I’m sorry if it caused you any headaches. I know some of you are verified users there, i will support you everywhere and if you got any grief that wasn’t my intention either. I love you and you’re amazing.

I’m proud to be a part of a platform that openly celebrates LGTBQ+ and BLM. That dances for their friend laying in the hospital w/Covid and supports another member whose loved one is dying of cancer.

15 Likes

Yeah if I learned anything tonight, it’s that I love this community and app so much. Super happy be part of such an accepting, and transparent community. I love seeing everyone on byte vibing and having fun cuz that’s what it’s all about :clap:

11 Likes