Hear me out- #WelcomeWednesdays

There’s been a lot of talk recently about making the community more welcoming to everyone…so I’m posting this to suggest something to everyone here:
Once a day, every other day, or even once a week…make a byte welcoming new byters. Offer them encouragement, go look at some of their stuff if they comment!
We want the community to be the awesome, welcoming place…let’s make it as such. :heart:
I plan on doing this…and maybe we can start a welcome hashtag? Is there already one? If so what is it?

If you are new to the forums or just here to see what this community is all about: welcome! :innocent:

Edited to add: tldr: we are starting a new hashtag (well two)!
#WelcomeWednesdays - pick a new/underrated user and shout them out, collab, showcase them in one way or another as a welcome!
#welcometobyte - any welcome post outside of #welcomewednesday!

Let’s make the first official Welcome Wednesday huge! (kicks off 04/22/2020)

37 Likes

ahh yes this. THIS!

5 Likes

I do need ideas for a welcome hashtag…if one doesn’t already exist…and if others wanna hop in on this!
It would be great to see a lot of people welcoming new people! But I do understand if you don’t want to!

6 Likes

I tagged you on Byte, I deff want to be a part of this. Ill probably do it on sundays. maybe it can be #WelcomeNewByters

4 Likes

I’m totally for this :metal::metal::metal:

5 Likes

For sure does not have to be daily!
I’ll do it more often cause my content is all over the place as it is…so it’s not unusual for me.
:innocent:

3 Likes

What about Like a welcome Wednesday or something? Like- highlight or collab with a new/underrated user?

8 Likes

That is an awesome idea! I love that!
That could be the hashtag too! #welcomewednesday

4 Likes

Welcome Wednesdays would be super dope! so @radicaltrash has the tag been decided? #WelcomeWednesday

7 Likes

I mean, I’m down if everyone else is! :innocent:
I personally think that’s a super dope idea and it’s a set day so everyone can remember it!

5 Likes

Sweet im down! If there aren’t any objections. So should it be a general message or should it be showcasing a new Byter you want to share with everyone?

4 Likes

We are a day past Wednesday, but that gives us roughly a week to get as many people on board with this as possible!
:innocent: I wanna see a byte full of warm welcomes in all the unique styles!

3 Likes

I think it can be either/or. I’m going to try and tag at least one new/underrated byter in the title of the post.

2 Likes

Got some Byters in mind?

2 Likes

Genius pure genius!

4 Likes

Totally could list (or link a post that lists some) new byters of interest here! Give everyone somewhere to start! :heart:

4 Likes

That would be helpful, I’d hate to tag someone who i think is new and be wrong lmao

5 Likes

I think my 1st post will be like, “If youre new comment Hi so we can welcome you” or somsing like zat

5 Likes

Yes, I’d love that!!!

3 Likes

I did that this morning with the one I made, so I’ll compile a list at the end of the day every day of all the newbies that comment and post them for everyone! Then when Wednesday rolls around, we should have a decent starting point!

6 Likes