Have the Byte Community Forums helped you grow as a creator?

Aside from the early stages of: “Follow for follow”, have the Byte Community Forums helped you in anyway as a creator?
Please leave your thoughts and comments below!
Thank you :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

7 Likes

yes. had it not been for this inspiring, amazing community, i would not have had the courage to even think of ideas, let alone make bytes.

15 Likes

Absolutely. I’ve connected with other creators, gotten encouragement and advice. and this place makes me feel even more like I’m a part of a true community. Without the forum I think I’d feel like some anonymous guy just out on my own. It’s great being with so many people of all walks of life that can relate to what you’re doing.

8 Likes

Of course they have. They gave me my friends who I am convinced I will have for life because we talk every single day and show no signs of stopping. It is a community afterall.

9 Likes

I posted not much here, but i just got in some dm group for collaboration. I am the worst beta tester…

4 Likes

I agree! The forums give us a sense of place in this community! Do you have any tips you’re willing to share for those who may be reading this??

1 Like

I agree with you 100%! I downloaded this app to just look at the content other have created but now I’ve actual began making my own! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s really awesome, makes me proud to be apart of a community like this! :slight_smile: However I haven’t been as fortunate as you ahaha but we’ll see where this goes!

2 Likes

Aww that’s okay! Hopefully you get to creating some content!

1 Like

yeah this forum is great you find great people like @Pac and the people im currently working on a group account with.

2 Likes

I don’t know about “tips” but…

• Be kind.

• Celebrate others.

• Reach out for advice. You don’t have to be a lone wolf. And I don’t mean just for collabs. Use this forum. Get to know people. These are actual human beings.

• Be open to critique.

• Be humble.

• A video you love may bomb. A video you hate may blow up. The internet is weird. Remember that your likes/views are not a reflection of your self worth.

• Put in the work daily. Whether it’s connecting with your followers, checking out other Byters, writing out ideas, or learning new techniques.

• Be in it for the long haul, not viral-superstardom.

• Rebytes for rebytes are stupid.

• Having said that, use your rebytes carefully. There are some amazing folks on here that deserve more exposure. But don’t spam the home screen. Pick your absolute favorite and share it with the world.

• Find and support smaller Byters.

• It’s ok to feel burnt out. Can’t think of ideas? Take a break. Change things up. It’s ok if your videos and overall tone change over time.

• Fancy cameras/equipment don’t necessarily make a page good. Hard work, diligence, and learning from your mistakes does.

9 Likes

Of course it has, it inspired me to post funny memes, and have the best community there is.

2 Likes

This is so true! The byte community is so strong and supportive! :slight_smile::slight_smile:

2 Likes

If I could like this reply 100 times I would! (Not that any of the other replies were incorrect :slight_smile:)

Is there a messaging feature on this forum, I would love to get to know you more and support your content! :grinning:

3 Likes

Aw, thanks man. If it weren’t for some wiser Byters I wouldn’t have learned any of it myself. Sure! Shoot me a message on here or on Instagram, whichever works best for you.

3 Likes

I appreciate you fam :handshake::ok_hand:t4::rocket:

2 Likes

perfect @Jaurshe

1 Like

This is hands-down the best community I’ve ever seen. I recently delivered a speech in my public speaking class about how the byte community is one that puts aside their individual unimportant differences to unite over the common goal of helping byte thrive. Through the forums I’ve found out that there are fellow creators who share similar senses of humor with me as well as common interests. It’s helped me to figure out what trends among people and how I can use it to my advantage.
This community is so great and helpful, and I sure hope it stays that way! :blush:

4 Likes

Well, I’ve been on the forum since the start lol, it took ages to find my place and to make friends, but everyone was always so friendly! I definitely recommend joining the discord server if you haven’t because that’s where I made friends with everyone :smile:

2 Likes

How can I find the discord server ?

4 Likes