Have anyone else noticed new engagement?

Now before I ask my question, my name on Byte is @brianikenna on Byte. Im not new to Byte even though I’m one of the lesser known Byters on the app (for now lol). My question is I’m sure you’ve noticed that when dropping a new video on the app, the video might not do as well as it would’ve two weeks ago before the alogorithm change (I don’t really care about the numbers as much as the quality I put out) However have you noticed that new people have started to find your page, like older video, comment, rebyte, and even follow? Im not sure if the Mix page is responsible for that or not. I like the fact this is happening, just not sure why its happening though? Any Ideas!

p.s. just realizing this is the first thing I’ve ever posted on this forum lol

14 Likes

Yeah it’s most likely the work of the “Your Mix” function. I’ve noticed that a lot of the videos getting pushed in my feed are older ones from 1 to 4 weeks ago, and from people who aren’t even as active anymore on Byte.

6 Likes

ok, I figured that lol. Just was unsure. Honestly, I’m satisfied with this method since it seems more organic. Not in a rebyte GC because I wanted to take the more organic approach. Its happens too often in bulk almost everyday. Its good to know people are actually going out of there way to do that :joy:

5 Likes

It fluctuates

5 Likes

you see, I figured that. Just didn’t know where or what page it was fluctuating on lol.

5 Likes

This has been my experience. Typically engagement has been much more organic and real, though lower.

4 Likes

yea, I’m with you on the lower part but the engagement has felt more real and organic. when they changed the algorithm, they said that it may have a few bugs to work on. Honestly, I’m not worried about likes though since there are more "creators’ than there are viewers on the app which leads to more biases since you have to actually know the creators. When more “sole viewer” download this app and engagement hadn’t changed, ill be worried then. :joy:

4 Likes

I dont see much engagement of my old videos. I guess i am not good enough

2 Likes

My engagements slowed down :triumph: Fix ASAP :eyes:

6 Likes

also noticed the app went up 30 places and now sits at 146 compared to the 177 last time I checked

6 Likes

give it time, if you have enough videos already, it will fluctuate a lot better. Make sure quality is in the videos though. Quality over quantity! :grinning:

2 Likes

although mine did slow down as far as new videos, it still benefits me since new people are actually gravitating towards my page and showing engagement to all my other videos and actually genuinely liking and rebyting them. I kind of prefer it that way verses “Abused Overexposure” running this app. Just kind of wish it was distributed a little better though lol

2 Likes

yeah but to be honest, I’m not too worried about what # the app has in ranking currently. Last week they were App of the Day. Thing is the app isn’t even advertised or promoted yet so I want to look too deep into numbers yet.

3 Likes

Yesterday was the slowest day I have seen yet. I sure hope today gets a little better.

1 Like

I got good engagement then I had a drop off. However lately I have been picking up steam again!

2 Likes

It’s been bad for me as far as new videos go. It picks up more engagement for new videos, especially over the weekends in bulk

2 Likes

It’s a good thing it picked up for you. For old videos, it picks up steam for me. Especially over the weekends. New videos, can’t say the same though

2 Likes

I’m seeing more engagement on my old videos

3 Likes

I don’t care about engagement anymore. I just hope I haven’t pissed you guys off.
But ever since the algorithm change I’ve notice that I only get engagement when I spend time on the app.

5 Likes

Same!

1 Like