Hate free zone

don’t be like this guy, byte was great in the beta and everyone was nice, if you don’t wanna comment something kind please don’t say anything we don’t want byte to become a bad place. I know it’s inevitable but it just sucks that the first day of public release people start shite comments

21 Likes

i mean yeah for sure, id say just get into the routine of blocking and moving on

2 Likes

what does this mean mate? no you won’t tolerate it or no you’ll hate?

4 Likes

No social media app can avoid hate, you just sound like the kids who say they hate school lunches. It’s just not possible to change that.

2 Likes

yea I know it’s gonna happen no matter what but it’s better to start talking about it now to try and avoid it from happening, it seems simple to just not say anything bad but some people are just toads

4 Likes

There will always be haters in this world and you just have to learn to ignore them, but we can really start something new and powerful here on Byte. I believe it!

5 Likes

100% agree. You NEVER want to be someone who judges others for his/her enjoyment.

4 Likes

at least the majority of day 1 for me was positivity! loving the byte community as a whole <3

4 Likes

There’s literally nothing you can do to stop it, so I would learn to use that block button if you’re so can’t handle people saying mean things on the internet.

3 Likes

At least it’s something you can screencap and post here, I’ve seen way worse comments today. Also, so much hate towards TikTok users.

4 Likes

yea i’ll take being called a chick any day at least i’m pretty

3 Likes

yea i’ve been using that delete comment button quite a bit

1 Like

agreed. i saw someone say the n word with the hard r. like nothing else just the word.

1 Like

Yeah some kind of reporting system built into the app would be nice. I understand this is already a thing in the IOS versions maybe? but it seems like there’s no option to do this on the android version…

3 Likes

The internet is going to be irrational, and because of one person didn’t appreciate you don’t mean there will be 10 other who will. (this goes to anybody reading this)

2 Likes

there was a picture
On Android currently you just tap and hold, idk how it is on iOS tho :blep:

update: I decided to take down the screencap, cause the comments there were bad

3 Likes

:rage::no_good_woman:

1 Like

oh nice, this will definitely come in handy

1 Like

that’s fucked up

1 Like

I can’t believe people are behaving like this already. Like, hey, maybe don’t say that un-nice thing?
It’s so ungodly of him :woman_facepalming:t5:

2 Likes