Hate comments?

Um, how is this allowed?
Some of the comments I’ve seen on accounts that supposedly belonged to popular creators

4 Likes

I imagine it will get cracked down on soon. Moderating is kinda lackluster right now with the flood of new peeps. It’ll get better. It died down for most others real quick. Sorry you’re getting that though.

Edit: Just realized that’s not you but either way that sucks.

2 Likes

Nah that’s Mrs. Addison racist I have no sympathy for her

Right but a lot of those same comments are being aimed at byters who are just trying to have an outlet to be creative. It’s like bullied kids, bullying people who got bullied in school. This app has become way toxic, when it was a peaceful positive community for outcasts to find like other outcasts. It’s actually ironic.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what she’s done, and racism is intolerable, but do you really think sending comments encouraging her to commit suicide belongs on app?

1 Like

I’m all for shunning racists and homophobes. Fuck them.
But telling people to kill themselves, calling all straight people “straggot”, and being mad at every straight person and calling them “breeder” is a bit much. Kinda something-phobic in and of itself to just hate on people for being straight.
(I already got attacked for this take before so NO I’m NOT saying straight people are oppressed. OBVIOUSLY. Just saying that it’s bad to do that.)

5 Likes

It’s weird how there’s reform being done to the app pushed by the influx of new users, yet hate and violent comments towards pre-existing users goes fairly unmoderated.

As someone from gen-z, I’ve had this app for a few months now and It had been a pretty safe and chill environment for people older than me to express themselves. That was the environment of the app and I enjoyed watching their content. If I wanted to watch tiktok-like content I’d just go onto tiktok.

Now, with the influx of people my age, I’m seeing a rise in negativity towards those older users who have even been pretty accepting towards them.

2 Likes

Staggot is a joke tho

1 Like

I understand but, and I’m not saying straight people are oppressed, but it has a negative connotation and I thought this app harbored a friendly and accepting environment.

Still a term derived from a slur towards gay people.

1 Like

The gays and the girls came up with it lmao

2 Likes

I think people can take jokes if it comes from a place of fun and humor. A lot of comments I see are coming from a place of mean vileness. That’s what Byte was trying to keep away.

2 Likes

Ya but it’s not aimed at them is my point here. You can’t call a black person the N-word and say it’s a joke or call a gay person the F-word and say it’s a joke.
AGAIN, I dont want to be attacked, so I’m NOT saying straight people are oppressed. OBVIOUSLY.

2 Likes

It’s not a joke in this context

7 Likes

no offense but you can’t be heterophobic … :heart:

3 Likes

You can if you hate someone purely for that reason. That’s the definition.

2 Likes

Ya until straight ppl are being killed for being straight then no u ccant

2 Likes

Love ur pfp

1 Like

Also I’m literally straight and it’s not offensive to me ik it’s a joke

2 Likes

Ok I wanna put this in a real world context.
I’m married with 2 kids. My wife and I attend every pride rally in our area and have fought hard for equal rights along side close friends of ours that are oppressed. I’ve been called a “straggot breeder” just for being straight with kids.
You don’t know what a person’s beliefs are and who they are as a person from first glance and you don’t want to accidentally attack people trying to help.

3 Likes