Hate Comments

I’ve seen recently that Byte has had a lot of new users with that I’ve also seen a lot of hate comments. So excuse me if you see me flaming a little kid in the comments. :ok_man:t5::shushing_face:

23 Likes

Saaame

7 Likes

Lmaooooooo

4 Likes

My customer service voice is coming out

7 Likes

big mood @Phinto :face_with_hand_over_mouth::relieved:

Lmaoo nooo become a Karen to these lil rugrats they’ll know better next time

They’re kids already going through a lot, they don’t need some internet stranger fanning the flames putting a bad light on Byte. I want them to feel welcome and show them what the community’s like

8 Likes

They are just throwing major shade, don’t take it too seriously. This is the alt TikTok culture, you gotta have thick skin or be devoured by them LOL

8 Likes

I love this comment. I laughed really out loud when I read it. These new little kids make me feel so old. I am middle aged bit I ain’t grandpa.

I agree with you though. When byte first started they where alot of Tik Tokers on and we all asked them to leave and so they did. That’s when user engagement gradually started to go down. We kill this app ourselves if we run all the new people off. This is our second chance!

3 Likes

It’s a second chance for the app, and it’s a second chance for them if tik tok goes away, they’ve kinda already been through a lot, we all have.

5 Likes

Let’s face it.
Most of the TT crowd have been exposed to some horrible stuff. There’s something to be said for being friendly and welcoming. Most of the ones I have been helping are in shock that someone is helping them.

6 Likes

Right? Most of them seem straight up lost and just want to understand the app

6 Likes

Yaaaa… I already got a comment from a gal, on my “Welcome to Byte” saying some like, “we do not claim your welcome” …

2 Likes

:joy: yeah, there’s always gonna be some of that.

1 Like

Laaaammme-o!! Well I asked whyyy why won’t you accept my welcome!!! :sob::joy::yum: and then say well, I welcome you anyways lol

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve already gotten some of the :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: stuff.
I was polite and helpful back, and they apologized for being rude. :man_shrugging:

TBH, it’s kind of a product of the environment thing. TT and most social media is pretty toxic in general.

I was a professional mean person for a while. It’s easy. I’m really good at it. :smiling_imp:

But, while it’s harder, it’s pretty cool and rewarding doing the internet judo and redirecting the :rage: into :smiley:.

Don’t be a doormat or anything, but I’m pretty much going with the golden rule/3 strikes. I’ll be nice, but if it goes to far, block em.

8 Likes

Right on then! :slight_smile::sparkling_heart: @Kerbob97

1 Like

If it ever gets too wild, you can delete some comments on your bytes.

4 Likes

Yeah, if you can let it roll off of you and be nice anyway, most of them chill out.

4 Likes