Hashtags to get to the front page of v2

do you think you will use hashtags

1 Like

I was going to link another thread I’ve recently seen but noticed you made that one as well, try not to make threads that are the same or very similar, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok thats alright do you think you will become famous of the app

I doubt it, I think the people who got famous on vine will probably come back onto v2 and dominate it.

1 Like

I think I will with my first vine

Well, good luck with that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ok thanks

There’s should be a limit on hashtags for multiple reasons…

1. because hashtags clutter a post
  2. Because you’ll see a post in a “hashtag chain” that obviously doesn’t belong there… for example, someone uses a # to put their music video under a trending tag or something just so it’ll get seen…
    But that’s just my personal opinion.
2 Likes

ok thank you for the information

well there was this thread

1 Like

But there is nothing stopping them from just
re-uploading their old content as new content, but I suppose that is the same for all social media

@Cpatt I’m sorry but it is highly unlikely that you will get famous off of your first post on V2. Surprisingly enough, it takes a lot of dedication to get big on social media… yes 1 post can blow up and make you famous, but take a look at how many Vines the “original” creators made prior to that Vine that made them get famous. It’s hard. I never said it’s impossible, but it is highly unlikely. Just don’t think of it as “I will use this app to get famous”. Have fun with it, that was what made Vine so great in the first place, yes at the end there were a lot of highly-reputable creators making sponsorships but the ORIGINAL Vines that really blew up were just a crazy idea that made people laugh. That’s what I hope sticks around in V2: having fun and not thinking of it as just another way to get more fans.

1 Like

so true.

1 Like

There was a thread talking about this… I think V2 should be mainly focused on new content creators and not the old ones since they already dominated the previous vine

1 Like

reposts will of course be prevalent. This was true for the old vine too, many youtube videos that were kind of popular were compressed into vines and vice versa. As long as a lot of us are making original content, there will be a lot of original content on v2. Using tried and true content is the “easy way” and will definitely be attempted many times on the app, but hopefully the community fosters an atmosphere that heavily favors original content. Social media will be what it is though. You can see this kind of thing happening everywhere though, even if you’re talking with some friends in a group IRL. You say a funny joke but only one person hears you. they laugh. then they say the same joke you just did but louder. The entire group hears them, laughs, and congratulates them on their successful joke. It has claimed the lives of many, many jokes across the world :cry: