Hashtags or Hidden Tags?

I think they will be hashtags not tags

1 Like

When you upload a video to YouTube you have the option to write some tags, When people search some of your tags it will be your video there

1 Like

Hashtags, people could put anything in hidden tags not related to the content.

1 Like

Yes and it can be use to make clickbait, in a different way but the same objetive

1 Like

Meh I like both. Hidden tags make the post look less messy, but it could be abused, assuming if this is a feature you’d have an unlimited amount of tags. I like the hashtags because challenge & trend videos would be easily identifiable.

3 Likes

The hidden tag system actually gets abused quite a bit on YouTube. Many people use wrong tags just to get more views on their videos.

I mentioned a “Compressed tags” feature in my Collection of Ideas/Suggestions. It’s basically where all hashtags are compressed into a tab in the caption that says “Hashtags” which expands when clicked. (BTW check out that thread if you haven’t already for some more ideas)

6 Likes

I’m with you

2 Likes

Woah I didn’t even think about this but I absolutely hate scrolling past an ugly wall of hashtags. I hope something like this gets incorporated

2 Likes

I like both, but hashtags and hidden tags have different functions. While hashtags are used to mark a post and make navigation easier for users (they just need to click on the hashtag), hidden tags are used to index content on search engines like Youtube does. Therefore, I believe that the two can be used, but the hashtags must be prioritized, not because the hidden tags can be abused, (you can not always delete a feature just because some users do not use it correctly) but because the hashtags comply with the “social” part of the network.

1 Like

Id like a hidden tag feature cuz sometimes the hashtags get so messy looking like on Twitter and insta

2 Likes

On the original Vine there was a character limit. So if they implement that again, people can’t go overboard with hashtags. Seems like the best feature. Sometimes I watch a video and want to see similar ones so I click on the hashtag. Would be harder if they were hidden. Especially a new topic I didn’t know about before, or a new hashtag

1 Like

I’m team hashtag # :hugs:

2 Likes

Maybe instead of hashtags, there could be topics. That way the caption isn’t full of hashtags, but there are still ways to access certain vids about certain topics. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

or you can just compress all hashtags in the caption into a tab that says “Hashtags” which expands if you click it. Mentioned more about it here

2 Likes

I think hidden tags look way more sleek and it would be easier for people to find your v2’s

1 Like

What if anyone could look at the tags by pressing a “more info” button above the video. This could just be a settings logo or something, but show the hidden tags, or even caption of the video. If someone makes it clickbait, users could potentially flake or report it? Just a thought.

2 Likes

I personally think that them being hidden behind a drop-down would be the best experience for everyone. Then you can see them if you want to, and if not, it won’t bother you. And it’s not like hashtags aren’t being abused on Instagram and so on. Remember #tagsforlikes?

2 Likes

Hidden tags on posts but there should be a hashtag search bar. @dom

2 Likes

Hashtags are generally a lot better.

1.You can find things a lot faster. If there is a challenge that has gone viral and I want to find videos of people doing it, I can just type ‘#v2challenge’ (made it up as an example).

1. Hidden tags can be widely abused. I could put ‘Rihanna’, ‘Jake Paul’, ‘Donald Trump’, ‘Logan Paul Return’, ‘v2 shutting down’, and more as tags to try get more views, and nobody would know.
1 Like

Unhideable tags sound like the best of both worlds to me.

1 Like