Hashtags not working on Android

@dom @Lacieyl
Hi,
I don’t know if this is happening to everybody but none of the hashtags on
any videos are working please help♥️

I’m android. Working for me

1 Like

Oh that’s weird

Hey, what about them are not working? You can’t click on them?

1 Like

Yes♥️

They’re not in bold writing either♥️

Okay so first rule of thumb is that you can click things that are bold

1 Like

okay you just invalidated my first comment

1 Like

So the hashtags will only bold in video descriptions, not comments (i wish they would bold in comments).

1 Like

Oh because I thought they would be bold on the video it self I just looked now And when you put the comments up it goes bold then Im able to click on it. It’s fine now thank you♥️

1 Like

yeah I see what you’re saying. So to summarise:

1. In comments, you use a hashtag. The hashtag appears bold.
  2. When you actually post to comment with the hashtag in it, it unbolds.
  3. As a result, you can’t click the hashtag.

Is this right? I think that’s what I’m seeing too. I’m wondering if that’s the intended behaviour.

1 Like

No, so when I put the comments up the video description comes up and then the hashtags turn bold but on the actual video when you scroll on the main page the hashtag is not bold. I’m wondering could this be changed in the future so hashtags could be clickable on the actual video Not having to put up the comments?

Thanks for the screen shots, can you drop your @ for me?

1 Like

@arun_byte

okay I got it. Sorry I took a bit, had to install an Android machine :crying_cat_face:

I get what you’re saying now. So whilst scrolling down Your Mix, you aren’t able to click on hashtags (and they are not bolded). However, when you expand out the comment section, you can click those hashtags in the description that have now moved to the top. I can confirm this is the case. That’s weird as heck, and I would say that’s a bug.

Something to note is that this behaviour is not present in the “following” tab. I think the following tab actually works as intended.

Thanks for reporting this arun :slight_smile: Hope the Byte team can take a look at this one.

This is Android only by the way, on iOS, clicking hashtags work without expanding the comments section.

2 Likes

It isn’t working on the following section either♥️

1 Like

:japanese_goblin: wtf ok i see… that’s weird af. let’s wait to see if Byte has a chance to look into it, but thanks for reporting this!

1 Like

You’re welcome, thank you for your help​:heart::heart:

1 Like

Never mind I had zen Mode on I think on android there should be an explanation as to what Zen mode is because I never knew what It did but I just said it turned on

2 Likes