Hashtag eeeepic idea

hey guys, well, in the last few days there has been a discussion about using hashtags on byte, and so I decided to create this example of how hashtags could work.
first the hashtags you use will not appear on the “main screen” of your video, so we avoid visual pollution.
the hashtags you use would appear on the screen that appears when you click on the video, as shown in the template below.

you can use up to 3 hashtags and you will have a maximum character limit, to avoid very large hashtags.
Hashtags containing the words “like” or “follow” would also be prohibited.
Anyway, this is my idea and I think it is viable, what do you think? :slight_smile:

17 Likes

I will make a byte today, but you can use this idea too if you want :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
“So I can’t upload tiktok videos…”
“Yes”
“But I can upload bytes to tiktok…”
“This is our marketing strategy!”

4 Likes

As for the hashtag, then I like this idea, lol
For some reason I thought you wanted an idea for byte :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I know Instagram plans and doing something similar by having a separate section for Hashtags and I think it’s a great idea! It will look more appealing and less invasive to the caption.

4 Likes

awesome, I think this could actually work!

4 Likes

First off, hiding them away just a lil bit is a great idea! Also I think the big takeaway is limiting the number of hashtags you can put on a post (if we’re even going to have hashtags). This would prevent hashtag spam when people are just trying to receive any kind of attention.

3 Likes

I really like this plan! although I don’t know how for it Byte developers would be, because there is the option to add your video to a “channel”. Albeit, I do love the idea!!

3 Likes

here

4 Likes

this idea is perfect, mainly in relation to the engagement of the content and the way to find it even more specific within the application.

1 Like

Well, you beat me to it! :grin:

2 Likes

I like your layout! And one thing, while I agree that a hashtag limit is probs needed, maybe 3 is a little low? not sure exactly what the right number is but if they also are used for organizing and stuff it may be useful to allow more

Another option is to allow a pretty large number of tags, but do it tumblr style where only the first 5 will actually make it show up in tags, so everything else is only useful for organizing your page and stuff. this would be useful if there is an ability to search by tag on your page and you want to say, list every character involved just for organization purposes, but reserve the first 5 tags for the fandom or something.

(if they did something like this, perhaps have the first 5 highlighted with a note saying only those are tracked to make it obvious?)

2 Likes