Has the Byte Team Considered Merging Byte and Peach?

I’m sure you have, but I’d love to hear thoughts:

Merging Byte and Peach into one app. Ok, hear me out. Peach is such a great app and feels like a very personal place, but my favorite part is that you can post gifs or a phrase or small videos or links. There’s an ability to engage with your followers more directly because of those features.

YouTube has started to allow creators to do that lately and I think it’s been great for them!

Of course it would be keeping the majority of Bytes structure and especially the perfect looping. Is this something that could/would be done?

11 Likes

This could be pretty great like I see it being a “you post videos here” but then “you talk to your peeps here” kind of thing between the two!

1 Like

Right! Since the majority of my posts are specifically music and planned, I’d love to post like a random “thank you” or “behind the scenes” that wouldn’t be multiple major posts in a day.

1 Like

Yess that would be amazing! Or it could be a way to engage with fans like youtube has communities. Also since no one really wants stories on byte or live etc what if the literal solution was to have it all done on peach?

1 Like

I’m not familiar with peach but it could be cool if you could layout your byte profile in the same style as the explore page. Maybe a gif leads to a selection of bytes?

2 Likes

Help me out. What is peach and how do people you it? It sounds alike twitter but… different?

3 Likes

Imagine a whiteboard thats your own and you can post pictures on it and share it with a certain room. now imagine other in other room with their own white boards the put stuff on too and to see what they post you visit their rooms etc.

1 Like

I actually have a name they could call it that falls in line with an idea of my own I have for a social network if they do merge it closer with byte. They could call it spots and each person could have areas they “hang with fans” and live stream and stuff and just have their own spot thus the name spots.

this is the peach ui

3 Likes

Oh I was picturing something more like tumblr :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

My thoughts would be that it is like community-based, accessible Twitter. Links (videos, etc.) don’t work on Twitter as good as they already do on Peach and Byte’s communities would only enhance that.

1 Like

the ability to draw and be yourself would be amazing cause stuff like what nintendo did here with miiverse was a hit!

Oh the memeories!

3 Likes

Right!! The artists could post their art AS WELL AS the video. Musicians could post tutorials, chords, links to Spotify full songs. Comedians could post memes and get conversations going over their content. And so on…

1 Like

and you would have actual communities and more focus on those communities! They could even do categories/channels like byte which twitter does not even have or instagram or well anyone I know of except reddit. Lol byte/peach are a first of a kind here with soo much potential and I wish I could communicate this to the team someday cause I see so much could happen here!! :smile:

1 Like

Right! It could be like pretty, fan centered reddit.

1 Like

How does it integrate to byte? Or where maybe is the question, is it another tab at the bottom that takes you to something like the peach app?

2 Likes

exactly and I feel like the way peach is set up they should really call it spots. Because if you really think about it where you post is your own little area / spot.

Okay this right here would be so great and amazing if it happened but essentially it could be the social side of byte. Since people are complaining about not wanting to have stories, dms, live etc on byte this could be where all those things happen. Plus you could have a sign in with byte feature, share bytes to your “spot” (lol I really hops they take my name idea for peach and call it spots because like I said peach seems more like a hang out spot" basically to me it would be the community/hang out spot for you and your fans!

I’m not thinking linked as much as borrowing piece of the UI/UX from Peach, like the ability to post non-video content or communicate in chats, for example.

1 Like

ye exactly! A community side like what YouTube offers but theirs is more integrated. This could be “byte communities” but less integrated like YouTube. so basically two separate things yet the same thing.

1 Like