Happy Juneteenth

Happy Juneteenth to my brothers and sisters as we celebrate the day the last slaves were freed in the US
IMG_20190619_065520|500x500

32 Likes

:fist:t4: happy juneteenth :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Happy Juneteenth!!! 06-19-19.:revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::tada:

9 Likes

Happy Juneteenth, a great day to celebrate our freedom :fist:t5: :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Barack Obama posted two wonderful tweets about this historic day on Twitter:

12 Likes

Living a life of excellence for my ancestors. :fist:t6:

9 Likes

Happy Juneteenth!!! :clap:t6::raised_hands:t6: :tada:

9 Likes

Kinda late but happy Juneteenth

6 Likes

In a lot of ways I’m kind of surprised this isn’t a holiday in the USA, but this is america.

6 Likes

You’d think so

5 Likes

Omg noooo, I’m late if I would’ve seen this yesterday. I would’ve been so happy and proud. I felt like no one really celebrated or talk about it much. But just know we made it and we’re still here!! :fist:t5::heart:

6 Likes

June 19 is a holiday in a lot of states, but it’s barely acknowledged anymore. It should definitely be a national holiday in the US, but that would mean that racists and some politicians would have to recognize and address this awful history, but they don’t want to because they’re still trying to drag the country back to the 1800s.

9 Likes

That’s the REAL tea, Tom :coffee:

6 Likes

Unfortunately, we didn’t learn this in school, so I wasn’t aware this day existed until a few years back. This should be taught, it is an important day that marks national history.

5 Likes

Hey that’s ok. I didn’t learn it in school either, and I’m from the states. I didn’t know it existed until yesterday. Glad I know tho.

2 Likes

Happy Juneteenth!

5 Likes