Hands Free Mode Filming

Hi could we add timer button on beta app. The reason I would like this timer feature is because I make dancing videos. I would love to be able to use my front facing camera and be able to start dancing on byte.

15 Likes

cant u just trim it

9 Likes

^ or upload from ur camera roll

12 Likes

I know but what I am talking about is an automatic filming button so we don’t have to hold down on the film button

4 Likes

if you have an iPhone, go to settings > accessibility > touch > assistive touch, and then set up a custom gesture. you can set up a gesture that will hold a certain part of the screen for you, and you can set it for 6.5 seconds. so when you want to film a video on byte hands free, just open up assistive touch, and use the custom gesture

4 Likes

Just use your camera (better quality anyways) and upload that video and trim it.

3 Likes

Just trying to bring an idea to the table

6 Likes

Great Idea!!! Love it!

4 Likes

Not a bad idea but features like that could clutter the app up where as you almost have everything you need to edit the video already built into your phone as far as just clipping the different vids to 6.5 secs (or close). Good idea though and who knows? Your thinking might be a very accepted idea

4 Likes

In app would be nice but yeah i think just trimming a video is what they want or at least for now it seems :sunglasses:

2 Likes

This just transported me back to 2014. Love it.

2 Likes

I think they’re talking about an ingrained integrated feature within the app like Snapchat did thru an update. A lot of apps are getting hands-free mode, it’s rlly useful! I like this idea a lot

2 Likes

Yes that’s what I am exactly talking about! All apps have the hands free mode!

5 Likes

A timer would be nice

3 Likes

That’s what it should be called changing the forum post to Hands Free Mode Filming

2 Likes

Bump!

Agreed on the hands free/countdown timer.

I like to dance and recording it before hand then trimming to post takes away from the energy of posting multiple times. It feels way less organic. I’m not trying to show off my dancing skills, I am trying to capture an energy I’m currently feeling and want to express via byte. Stopping to edit just kills the mood and vibe.

As much as I love making gestures in Assistive Touch, I don’t, this is one of the best features of TikTok and would be very handy for byte.

(Oh hi, first post. Hope I’m doing it right)

4 Likes

@WolfHarrington Welcome!!!, you are doing it right I think :joy: and 2 Months Later, I think this is much needed at least after the release of byte.

The best thing about making things whether it be Video, Audio, Apps, Games, Illustrations (you get the point), is getting my content out as quickly as possible.

Snapchat is an excellent example as you are launched directly into the Camera. In the case of byte, this is almost perfect (similar to vine) and things like Hands Free Mode’s and In App Editing would just make the value of using the byte camera over any other camera more valuable.

2 Likes

I have my old ones from vine still saved but they don’t seem to work on the new iPhone OS it seems. When I go to do the second tap to actually record it interrupts the first gesture.

For reference I used to tap on the grid (which would give me 6 seconds to get to position) then instantly tap to film so it would cycle through both gestures. Doesn’t seem to work anymore got another fix?

4 Likes

Yes pls

3 Likes

hmmm I’m not sure, until they make a hands free option it might be easier to just film with the camera and then upload to byte

5 Likes