Had dom ever thought about making bytes own sign in instead of google

I was looking at a thread, and it was about bytes bad reviews and I looked and I saw that one guy didn’t like that you had to sign in to google now I personally don’t have a problem with it but I think it’ll be better to have our own sign in instead of google maybe we can have our google account connected too it too it’s just a suggestion @dom

5 Likes

during launch, dom mentioned that google and apple id was more secure and makes it easier to deal with bots and spam… so idk but they prolly are gonna consider it down the line

5 Likes

Well we would have had a system for logging in but the guy in charge of that I believe if I am correct sadly passed away. He will be missed so I think that may be it plus apple ID and google are super secure!

i do see why people wouldn’t want to use their google/apple to log in, but if you want to be as safe as possible from hackers or data breaches, it is a positive:

pretty much a win-win for both us users and the byte team

3 Likes

Honestly, the pros outweigh the cons for keeping it as is. How much of a deterrent is this for new users? Is it worth considering if it’s just a personal issue for a small number of people, especially when this is about security?

2 Likes

Honestly, it doesn’t seem too bad.

Unfortunately, on Android they haven’t added a sign in with Apple option yet so if you made a byte account with your Apple ID on your iPhone, you can’t continue using it on Android :grimacing:.

1 Like

Yeah I was wondering why it’s the co founder and not the founder turns out he passed away

2 Likes

Hehehebeheh good luck with that :grimacing:

I’ll look into if

1 Like