Guitar tips?

Hey #ByteFam! I recently just got into guitar and I’m loving it ! I was just curious if any of you guys had some tips that would help ! Thank you guys and hope your week/day/month is going great!

#ByteFam
5 Likes

Use your pinky

1 Like

Well when it’s needed I do :raised_hands:t2: #ByteFam

Your fingers at the beginning will hurt, just keep going unless they hurt TOO bad.

3 Likes

Oh yea I keep pushing on haha waiting till they get used to it #ByteFam

1 Like

I taught guitar for 7 years. Second to an instructor, the best way to learn is YouTube. Learn a few really easy riffs and maybe a couple chords. Don’t waste time with exercises, scales, or reading music (besides tabs and chord charts). Learn parts of real songs you like and you’ll soar. Frequent practice is more effective than lengthy practices. Playing 5 minutes every day is better than playing two hours once a week. Electric guitar is easier than acoustic, so start with that if possible. And don’t be a perfectionist. Learn as many songs as possible, even if you suck at playing them. And post some videos of you playing. Good luck man.

6 Likes

Step 1
Buy the guitar
Step 2
Wait for it to be delivered
Step 3
Remove packaging
Step 3.1
Play with bubble wrap
Step 4
Become Ed Sheeran

6 Likes

Thank you so much man! Means a lot ! #ByteFam

2 Likes

For some people it’s a personal preference thing, but I recommend using your fingers instead of a pick. Also just keep practicing everyday. Even it’s just 15 minutes a day you’ll get better. Always stretch your fingers before you start, and make sure when you to have your back straight and shoulders back as you play so you don’t mess up your body with poor posture. Some of my tips.

2 Likes

Thank you so much man! Have a great one! #ByteFam

2 Likes

Being a musician for almost 10 years . I think what you need is consistency…remember to play it every day for at least an hour! And Mark my words you’ll be good at it in no time ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Perfect! Will do ! Thank you so much ! #ByteFam

2 Likes

Just wanted to show I cared

2 Likes

That’s awesome much love ! #ByteFam

2 Likes

I’m sure if you keep practicing guitar, more good things will come your way.

2 Likes

Kinda a late response but when I was younger, I dabbled with the guitar a bit and a good tip is to make sure your finger tips get harder cuz playing the guitar will get easier when they are less sensitive so just fight though the slight pain and you got this man! :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Oh yea man I’ve gotten to that point it helps thanks man! #ByteFam

1 Like