Geolocation map

Hi, so im not from USA and i was thinking that V2 could have a geolocation map, just like in snapchat, where you could see vines from another country ( exemple: if you wanted to see vines from Portugal, you would go to the map, zoomed to Portugal, and see the most famous vines from there) what do you think?

more or less like the following image

EDIT: in my opinion it won’t show you the exact location ewhere you upload the vine, like the streets, the city, it only shows the country where you upload it
snap-map-on-snapchat

4 Likes

There are a few threads talking about this. I’ll link one for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

also check out this one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks , i didnt seen it!:smile:

1 Like

Thanks , i didnt seen it !:smile:

personally, i don’t think it’s a good idea for privacy reasons.

5 Likes

but it wouldnt show where you are, just the country where you upload it

the snapchat geomap shows the street where you live and that’s defo not good as you can get alot of dangerous people online however, with the country i think it will be fine as it does not give away too much information.

3 Likes

yes i think snapchat gives too much information about your location, but in my idea in v2 it only show the country where you upload it!
and thanks! :smile:

1 Like

@Jonymacaroni I think there’s something special in that idea, just nation by nation and maybe by state for the US. Trending vines from the individual locations. Something similar is implemented in Musical.ly just without the map way of displaying it.

2 Likes

just like in spotify? where you have the top charts from every country?

1 Like

Exactly, that’s something @dom could be interested in.

1 Like

yes i think it too, i think that having a trending ifrom individual locations is very important, because the most famous vines are from the USA, but i would like to see the top vines from my country too

1 Like

Thats a bad idea in my opinion. Imagine you live in the desert, no one will see your vines because you are not in america or china. I would be very very nice if everyone can be found from everywhere on the earth and not only in their country, it’s better to make international vines,

1 Like

@Adrien what if this was only one way to view the content, it’s perfect to be able to find smaller accounts that are home grown. There would still be a conventional feed.

2 Likes

yes, i want the vines to be international too, but some of them we may not understand because they are from another language, so i think it could have an option , where you could uploadit to worldwide or just in your country, and you could have the trending vines from individual locations, and the trending from worldwide

1 Like

I’m guessing its a feature that has the attention of many

3 Likes