Genres on V2 and how to avoid an "adpocalypse"

Youtubers at the moment are being hit by the demonetization icon left and right. Stuff that’s edgy or just foul mouthed gets kicked to the curb now on the platform, IF v2 get’s a ad monetization platform it should have better control over where ads are shown right?.
I remember on the old v!ne app how we could browse by genre to watch what we wanted. Stuff like pets and comedy, etc. So as a solution ,for example, there could be a “dark comedy” tag or genre ,can be applied to the funny videos that can be considered offensive, which then the advertisers that don’t like that, as part of their brand, can just back out of those videos.
It’s an easier way to avoid advertisers to pull out if the v2 app shows better control over that from the start than YouTube who had to adapt to it ,and by doing that screwed over a vast majority of their creators. Any thoughts on this? And general discussion lol.

4 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I really like this idea and I hope this is something that @dom will consider.

1 Like

Or they can just do what YouTube never did and actually ban the types of videos that led to advertisers pulling out instead of blaming it on foul language. Stuff like blatant racism, dead bodies, etc.

1 Like

I agree with that, but at least 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute, it’s really freaking hard to keep a tab over that. What I think YouTube was trying to make their audience help with the youtube heroes program, but that was super exploitable. I think a category can help make brands choose where they generally want to show ads and help reach their main product audience. Like showing beer ads on a sexy v2 of a girl.

1 Like

Dosn’t sound bad, but there is no perfect solution. I wonder if an ad system will even exist on Byte. I’ve noticed a lot of the new apps not even embrace the Youtube system. Only reason youtube even has it is due to the fact they are owned by google in my opinon

1 Like