Future Time Limit (UPDATED) FINALIZED Poll

I’m pretty sure I know how this will pan out based on the responses from yesterday, but I decided to recreate the poll I made to allow people that wants the time limit to remain at 16s the option to vote.

(Please vote before viewing comments!!)

• 16 seconds
  • 24 seconds
  • 32 seconds
  • 40 seconds
  • 48 seconds
  • 56 seconds
  • 64 seconds

0 voters

4 Likes

16 seconds doesn’t give me enough time to fully create something

6 Likes

I messed up on the settings when I was creating this poll so I had to redo it, sorry for the ppl that voted on that poll lol. This is the finalized one :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s a challenge. Make something creative under the 16 seconds limit. Dance videos and lipsyncing to audio doesn’t count as creative, and pass off as lazy work.

8 Likes

Why do so many viners think we can’t be creative with more than 16 seconds, because I wouldn’t have to rush my videos so much

3 Likes

chile-

2 Likes

or you could chose to make the video 16 seconds or have extra time in case you need it

4 Likes

It’s taking out more room for creativity when you shorten the time limit or keep it the same

3 Likes

I mean technically dance is creativity as long as it’s not the same moves over and over again also you can lip sync and still find a way to be creative with it lmao more time sounds like more creativity to me

1 Like

why can’t byte be about posting whatever you want? Can’t it be big enough for all sort of content types: memes, art, skits, dance, etc.

I really don’t like this you can only post ‘creative’ videos on our platform vibe. It just pushes people to other platforms.

5 Likes

Making 6-16 second loops isn’t the only way to be “creative”

5 Likes

Imagine if we had a slider that you could chose between 6 seconds ,8, 16, 32, 40, 48 and 56 seconds based on your content. Each slider choice you chose still has a limit but you can choose between each time limit based on how much time your content needs.

4 Likes

Are u talking about a slider in the byte camera to control the duration of your recording?

@jacobshadowminer

1 Like

Yeah that pretty much! and whatever your slider is adjusted to that you set time limit.

1 Like

Yeah I think that’d be nice especially if they created a /8seconds or /6.5seconds channel that has a time limit. It would make it easier to record and post videos to fit that time frame instead of having to guess.

2 Likes

This video pretty much sums up why longer videos are so important to platforms like TikTok and Byte.

For me it has nothing to do with creativity. There’s plenty of platforms to post longer videos to, why can’t Byte be different? If you’re feeling rushed by the limit then why not take that content elsewhere? Or reevaluate your content to work with the limit.

I would hazard a guess that some people who are unhappy with the current time limit and say their content suffers because of it probably ain’t gonna be making magic just because they have a minute to work with…

My favourite thing about byte is the short format because I get the idea in 16 seconds or less. Missed something? No bother letting it loop a few times. It’s quick and easy, like yo momma.

32 seconds could be good.

3 Likes

Cause this is how a social platform dies. The goal should be to encourage as many people to post and use Byte, not to add obstacles that push people to competitors like IG, YouTube, and TikTok.

It’s incredibly hard to form educational, cooking, vlog, and other content in under 16 or 32 seconds.

1 Like

@bleach_dispenser exactly. If you can’t make something interesting at 16 seconds I highly doubt a minute is going to change anything.

“You don’t have to watch the whole thing“ is a common deflection. But unless I am bored how long the content is in many cases I may not have a choice but to stay for the whole thing.

2 Likes

If i remember right, byte was only 6.5 seconds on its beta, which I remember was a true struggle to create anything. Then increased to 8, which I wasn’t happy about but overtime actually appreciated the extra time. Once again, increased to 16 seconds which I thought was OVERKILL! However I realized this 16 seconds actually helps alot! Whether we all agree/disagree with time increases to 25/30/45 seconds… a little extra time won’t hurt anyone.

2 Likes