Forum frontpage change

Hey all,

With the huge amount of activity on the forum we’re experimenting with changing the default landing page of the forums to be categories first. This gives a different, more organized view of what’s going on in any category and makes the forums a little more parseable. You can tap into a category to see the latest posts specifically from it.

If you prefer the older layout, you can still access that by going to “Latest” from the top nav bar.

We are just experimenting with this for now to see how it goes. Let us know.

63 Likes

Interesting! Thanks Dom :))

13 Likes

Got very confused then :joy: cool! Thanks!

6 Likes

Wow this caught me so off guard for a hot sec. The Latest tab was getting a little hard to follow so I think this will be a good change. Thanks for letting us know!

5 Likes

At first glance it looks very clean and simplified

4 Likes

Seems interesting, but cool :sunglasses::ok_hand:

3 Likes

I like the redesign :love_you_gesture::clap:

3 Likes

oooh okay :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s pushing some old update threads to people, probably causing a bit of confusion. More informative overall but something to consider

3 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes

where is it doing that in particular?

2 Likes

grey?

5 Likes

because of the news

8 Likes

sorry

2 Likes

Just links to the most recently commented on threads in announcements, not really any way to fix it, apart from maybe locking the older threads. They might have been commented on before the change, not sure

5 Likes

just changed it again, maybe this one is better?

4 Likes

Looks better I think, feels more welcoming to see some profile pictures and threads than just the categories, to me at least.

4 Likes

Dom I agree with u with this and I hope for it to be a easier access when u are on the app Byte to make videos so it’s just there and it won’t get u out of Byte the app itself to look at the forums. I do want the forums to be easier to navigate and different colors too.

4 Likes

Great! Thanks!

3 Likes

Looks great! : )

2 Likes