For Incoming University Freshman This Will Help You

If you have the option of choosing several professors for your classe(s) then DON’T just SIGN up in the morning based on the schedule! It’s not about how the teacher teaches, but how the teacher grades. Once you get your university e-mail set up, e-mail these questions to know if they grade easy peasy or you’re grade is entirely based on your final and/or exams. Also, this is based on my experience going to community college in the USA. So some of these questions may not apply to the university one is attending. Copy, paste and email these messages to all your prospective professors below before registering for a class. If they don’t reply then follow up in person when they teach class if possible by registering for their class online and seeing what classes they’re teaching thru the system and ask the same questions in person. Talk to all of the prospective professors, even the ones in the campus you’re not going to because if they say yes to all these questions I’d rather drive further to campus B then A and NOT study for hours on stuff that’s even going to be on an exam because the professor never gave a review. EMAIL AND PASTE THESE MESSAGES BELOW:

If you plan to take the class in person then ask the professor these questions:

1. Is there unlimited submission attempts for online homework assignments until the due date?

2. Is there extra credit? If, so do you give it for homework, quizzes, tests, and/or exams?

3. Are there exam reviews for each exam including the final?

If you plan to take the class online only then ask the professor these questions:

1. Do you allow retakes for quizzes, tests, and/or exams and if so how many?

2. Is there unlimited submission attempts for online homework assignments until the due date?

3. Is there extra credit? If, so do you give it for homework, quizzes, tests, and/or exams?

4. Are there exam reviews for each exam including the final?

9 Likes

This is super helpful! I’m sure a lot of people here and elsewhere could appreciate and utilize it.

3 Likes

helpful. thanks

3 Likes

Thanks so much! I bookmarked the post for future preparations.

2 Likes

Just wanted to show I cared by helping people learn from my mistakes

2 Likes

For whatever reason no one ever tells you this at University, but this is something that needs to be said. Sometimes you can only choose one professor especially as you reach the upper classes, but if you CAN choose, then choose the easy one. You’ll never use half the stuff you’ll learn anyways

3 Likes