Following for a follow only to unfollow

I think that’s annoying and just a waste of time. Kind of shows how shallow you are too. You should only follow people whose content you like, not because you want a stupid number to increase. If it’s meant for you to be “famous” it’ll happen. Just have fun :woman_shrugging:
I really wish there was an option to view who is doing that. I caught this one guy @/poopwine, he followed me 3 times. I don’t think it’s a glitch, it’s annoying. I don’t think it’s petty to block people who do this either. Wouldn’t you rather have real support ?

17 Likes

yeah that’s why i’m a fan of not showing any numbers in the start. removes a lot of the toxicity that comes with a visible follower:following ratio, and really just focuses on good content

12 Likes

@/momo

7 Likes

Unfortunately there is a beta user doing the same thing to me :frowning: I won’t mention names but I don’t get why he keeps following just to unfollow and then refollow three minutes later. Anyways, follow me on byte @rommie for singing content daily as well as creative comedy :white_heart: p.s. I’m just a Regular small town boy on byte pursuing his dreams in music :notes::metal:t6:

3 Likes

:flushed:

Lol I said I’m not mentioning names but you spoke too soon :joy: yes momo keeps doing that to me and now I’m assuming to others as well. /:

3 Likes

@justinkittelson does this as well and needs to stop

3 Likes

Ah, so it wasn’t only happening to me

2 Likes

Make a shadow-cooldown! The poor thirsty lads will keep at their vain shenanigans, but to you a change comes through only once a day. I guess at some point you’ll get annoyed at that little daily happening and block them anyway, but the thought of all those wasted efforts draws quite a grin on my face ngl

2 Likes

Blocked :relieved: Thank you for the heads up!

3 Likes

And often on their profile they even keep the count: showing thousands of followers and just few following.
As usual on socials numbers count, not the content.

I don’t know whether to feel bad for them about their obvious insecurities or to just laugh at them. I mean… wow, you really want people to know how many people “you deem worthy of a follow and who you don’t.”? It’s so weird.

The 3rd time he follows me, and I am literally nobody

2 Likes

I think you have it twisted. The guy who has to show you how little people he follows vs how many people follow him, is the true nobody. But you should definitely block him.

1 Like

kalaniballfree keeps doing this to me and it’s super annoying

1 Like

Keep calling em out boys, this is great to know :wink:

1 Like

Too god damn awkward to add a fake following count in your profile, jesus christ.

2 Likes

I thanos snapped him! He followed me last night and then again this morning. I was like…”Yeah no :wink:
We have to block these toxic people!

1 Like

It’s funny because studies have shown that people don’t put a lot of stock into follower count anymore anyways. Comments, likes, and the consistency of those comments and likes across all videos is a more reliable indication of page worth.

5 Likes

I’ve seen at most 5 people who’ve done this and I physically cringe…

4 Likes