Follow, Refollow Suggestion

Lots of us have probably noticed that people will
Follow, Unfollow, Refollow, Unfollow, etc.

…even if you’re following them back or not for whatever reason…

Solution:
After you unfollow someone 2x, when you go to follow them for time number 3,
a prompt popup should say “This is your 3rd time following this person, you will not be able
to unfollow them for 1 month (or whatever amount of time is deemed appropriate).”

Having said that…
When you unfollow, unlike or un-rebyte (you can do that i think…) – a prompt should come up saying,
“Are you sure you want to _________?”

I have to guess most people are accidentally unliking, unfollowing etc. – but maybe not. Either way, this would cut down on both accidental unfollowing/unliking/unrebyting or intentional, I would imagine

What do people think of these ideas, sorry if they had been previously mentioned, I didn’t see them if so, and maybe we can talk about what reasons anyone would have for unfollowing or unliking, especially more than once? TY

6 Likes

I have definitely unfollowed people by a tapping mistake, and following them immediately after makes me feel really nervous (I still do it tho, I want to follow them)Making sure I can’t do that by mistake is not a bad idea, but I don’t know if it’s worth the clunky feel it would give…

6 Likes

On potential reasons:

1. They’re being trolls.

2. They initially followed/liked somebody because they enjoyed their content at first, but after a while, the account they followed was producing content they didn’t find interesting. (I speak from experience on this, sorry to anybody who noticed I unfollowed you, you’re still great :blush:). And they’re also indecisive, so they then refollowed.

3. They initially followed because they found something common with or had a good interaction with another byte user (possibly even on the forum), but after viewing their content they found they didn’t like it so they unfollowed (again, I’m sorry, but I speak from experience).

Those are my thoughts, anybody else wanna add to them?

2 Likes

There’s a few people I’ve unfollowed by mistake, and I’m afraid to follow them back in the fear they think I’m doing it to get a follow back :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I get it’s possible for people to change their mind… but what person is going to make content that everyone always 100% loves or wants or expects? Nobody hits it out of the park FOR EVERYONE each time, so I find it silly to want to unfollow someone, especially when everything is SO NEW.

I don’t think people should be anxious about it, just don’t think more than 2, 3 max should be needed to decide. Like worst case scenario they have a byte in your feed at some point… just find it weird personally.

I think it’s fine… follow back people you want to follow back and let it be.

A prompt might be clunky but maybe the app needs to be less responsive or harder to unfollow and unlike, maybe a double tap instead of a single tap?