Follow/Like Cap For Spam and Bot protection

Do you think there should be a restriction or follow / like cap on V2? If so where would this line be set?

Changing the title so it doesn’t seem too similar to this thread:

2 Likes

Honestly I had videos that went viral on Vine- 500,000 loops in a few hours, thousands of followers… There should NOT be a cap on how much you can expand in a certain time frame. Instead, implament a verification process to ensure those new followers are verified users- not spam accounts.

2 Likes

@Logic If it was that simple, I don’t see how that would be possible without human interaction 24/7. As I have read through some of these threads it doesn’t seem large scale enough for that. But who knows maybe there may be an algorithm?

1 Like

Implanting as to designing. Something another app hasn’t used before :heart:

Ah I see @Logic so this would be potentially possible?

1 Like

With the right team, yes. You have to think- people create bottling services because they find a way to flood the user sign up and follow system.

I think it relates to this thread because there are similar behaviors behing used. People may think your account is botted by the many times you like/comment/etc.

2 Likes

@jennifer I follow, what do you think should happen to the accounts, deactivation?

1 Like

First a warning but if the behavior continues, a ban

1 Like

The terms of use should contain something along the lines of this for that reason. “If any account is found to be tampering, hacking, or falsifying any part of the V2 community profiles or loops, you are subject to immediate disciplinary action that could result in the suspension, deactivation or termination of your account.”

1 Like

Theoretically could this behaviour be replicated by a spam account Eg. Follow 100+ accounts in 1 hour. If so should they have the same punishment system in place?

Perfect idea right here.

2 Likes

Check these out

1 Like