Fitness help

Any fintness freaks here i need some help im trying to gain weight i eat alot and eat healthy but i jus get super lean. Wht do i do

3 Likes

Calories in vs calories out. It feels like it shouldn’t be that simple, but it is. If you consume more than you burn, you’ll gain weight.

Try an excess of 250 calories a day. That should net you half a pound or so a week in weight. Much like weight loss, weight gain should be slow and steady. Putting too much on will cause stretch marks, unnecessary strain on your muscles and joints, and could also cause depression.

There’s a gentleman named Mark Rippetoe. He wrote a book called Starting Strength. One of his tenets about being “manly” is being 200lbs or over with muscle. In order to do this, you should drink a gallon of whole milk a day until you are 200lbs or over, and then work on your physique. I’ve known people who have done it that way. Stomach issues, rapid weight gain, stretch marks, but hot damn if they didn’t look good at the end of their training regiment (6 months).

I can’t drink milk, so slow and steady was how I gained the weight and subsequently dropped it.

Hope this helps.

Kane out.

4 Likes

Thx bro but i alread concume more then tht . My problem is i cant keep a regualr calorie measurement cuz of my work and all tht stuff (plus sports) so i jus keep eating and having a super high matabolism dosnt help either but i think ima give the milk thing a try

2 Likes

Drinking a gallon of milk a day is safe only for a short time, if you consume too much milk over an extended period of time, you might od on calcium (yes that’s a thing lol, same with water- if you drink too much water in a short amount time, your blood cells expand and burst because of low blood sodium, it’s called hyponatremia) .

You can try eating a whole lot more protein. I don’t mean just meat, that’s just going to raise your cholesterol through the roof. Get a protein powder that’s high in protein per serving and have a shake in the morning, and one in the evening, and sprinkle it over stuff like oatmeal or arroz con leche or whatever similar to that. If you don’t work out, or work out very little, it’ll make you gain weight. Try fish, eggs, nuts. They’re easy to pack with your lunch.

Starches and carbohydrates are good too, like potatoes and bread. Eat more rice and pasta if you can.

If you lift at all, it can make a big difference, gaining muscle mass will def make you bigger.

If you aren’t big on protein shakes, you can try weight gain powder I recommend the company Serious Mass.

And I agree with Kane, don’t jump from your usual amount of calories to a much higher one, because you’re body isn’t used to it. Slowly build up to it. Start with a couple hundred calories.

Good luck, dude. If you want more info on gaining muscle, I’m your dude. I lift a couple times a week since I was in high school.

2 Likes

No sweat. I meal plan my entire week on Sunday morning and assemble Sunday night. I know approximately how many calories I’m consuming breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I love food, but I’m in a “food=fuel” mentality so I’ll eat the same thing day in and day out trying to make my calories.

2 Likes

Thxs but all this is done i jus seem to burn it off quicker then most ppl

1 Like

And i workout 5-6 days a week i jus get really cut and minimum weight gain but id love to pick ur brain abt working out

1 Like

Tbh you’re probably better off just asking Google instead.
google.com

2 Likes

Holy crap I never knew you could od on calcium… Jaydel is teaching us new things everyday :joy::joy:

4 Likes

lool

@jaydel mentioned this sorta but PROTEIN I’ve gained 10 pounds of muscle in the past 2 weeks by working out 5x a week and trying to eat 1 gram of protein / pound of body weight every day (so 150 grams of protein if you’re 150 pounds). There’s a lot of protein in meat cheese eggs beans peanut butter protein powder etc…
Also your workout routines might not be as effective as they could be, try focusing on a certain muscle group every day (I do Pushing, Pulling, Legs, and Core) and it’s been working pretty well. Finally just be patient nothing’s gonna happen overnight.

3 Likes

lol and water. i’m a science nerd, what can i do other than annoy people by being a know-it-all?

5 Likes

sure my dude. shoot me a message.

2 Likes

1000km run, 100 pushups 100 situps a day

1 Like

Google the GOAT

3 Likes

1000km run? like 612 miles?

1 Like

Im not saitma lol

1 Like

But will have you burn calories if you run

Omg I’m so glad we talking about this I don’t know what to eat I I also have a fast metabolism, I’m skinny ass shit I try watching YouTube videos but it’s not working for me ughh n I weight 128

Do u workout? And i have a crazy high metabolism to jus constently keep eating but dont jus eat bullshit eat healthy its not jus abt calories its abt healthy calories and the thing tht helped me was mass gainer and when i work out i do 3 sets of 8 of heaviest i can do for everything

1 Like

Bro I had a mate with the same problem lol. Don’t worry its not permanent, metabolisms tend to slow down as you get older. As for now make sure you have a consistent calorie intake, you could create a diet for this. Pastas and breads seem to be the best for this.