First Jobs and Interviews

I go in tomorrow for an interview at a restaurant near me and I am nervous. This will (hopefully) be my first actual job with a boss, paycheck, and all that. This is the first job interview I’ve been on and I don’t know how I will respond–let’s hope for the best. What were your 1st job experiences like? Do y’all have any advice for me?

(Also here is my current favorite emoji pairing… do with that what you will…) :eye::hole::eye:

5 Likes

Omg my first job was a mess but it was fun tho, I quit after like 3 months which was dumb, I was a waitress cringe . And don’t stress about the interview, it’s just the anticipation bc I bet it’ll go smooth

3 Likes

Good luck!

1 Like

one thing i URGE everyone to do in interviews is to “PROVIDE VALUE” tell them what you can give them to enhance their business , tell them in a nice non threatening way that their firm is doing “alright” but it could do wayy better with you working for them

lil mindgames n shiz

1 Like

if your working in something like retail, chances are their just looking for someone competent. Smoothly answer the questions and you’ll be good.

2 Likes

I think of an interview as a conversation to get to know someone, making sure to make yourself sound awesome :call_me_hand:t4: That helps getting the interview jitters out so it won’t feel as/so intimidating

You’ve probably already had your interview by now… hope it all went well! :clap:t4:

I just now have gotten my first job as well. Digital Communications work study position at my university :grin:

But I’ve had two other interviews for retail and food before it (they wanted me but I turned them down… good thing I did). I view them as practice for what I got hired for now :blush:

This is just one thing to add to your experience :sparkles:

2 Likes

Thanks for all the wishes of luck and advice. I got the job! :smile::star_struck:

5 Likes

Congrats!

2 Likes

Congratulations be sure to always perform your best

2 Likes

Oh congratulations!! :tada::tada:

2 Likes

Congrats! Hope you do well at it

1 Like