Filibuster-What would you talk about?

A filibuster is when someone (a state senator in most cases) tries to block a vote by talking about anything until the person talking can’t talk no more (has to go to bathroom, needs to sit, no saliva in mouth) or he/she is voted to stfu (lack of a better term). They could read a book, recite the Bible, it doesn’t matter, but they do this to prevent a bill from turning into a law. So my question to ya’ll that understand this (I suck at explaining so hopefully someone understood what I just said) is, what would you talk about to prevent a law from being put in place? I’d probably print out transcripts from the office and read a few office episodes lmaoo

Here’s a vid from Parks N Rec where this dude filibustered by talking about the Marvel universe and Star Wars :laughing:
2 Likes

I’d stutter about my life story. It would take vvvvvvvvvvvv long to complete. The stuttering’s the main part :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Stuttering is great for a filibuster lol u want it to be super long so the people in support of the bill can make some sort of deal to accommodate the person against the deal

2 Likes

Recite hit or miss lyrics all day every day

1 Like