Feeling Like you really just don't belong anywhere even when it's advertised that you are

Hi. I know this will probably sound very silly but, I don’t think I can say this anywhere else. I just…don’t feel like I belong anywhere. [Example] I see post that claim: “Please join, all are welcome!” and then when “I” join, I am completely ignored and just overlooked. Please, if you don’t want me to be around just tell me. I’m really a fan of wasting other people’s time or my own. It just sucks when there’s a topic being discussed that I personally feel I can contribute to, no one responds to me. I am probably overanalyzing but, that’s only because I am accustomed to being told that " You’re so annoying", “no one likes you”, etc. I don’t want “Oh I’m so sorry this is happening to you.” I’m only rambling, I’m not a fan of the types of people who seek sympathy. [I am horrible with words why am I like this?] I genuinely want to make friends. Offline, I barely have any. Byte felt like a huge breath of fresh air where “people like” me could come and be as weird as we want. I’m not sure if anyone who reads this has ever seen the meme that’s basically talking about females who have majority male “friends”, but I am definitely one of those. I just will never truly feel comfortable around other females. And it sucks because I would like that…but I’m just too different. If I annoy you, I’m sorry. Thanks for reading.-miso

14 Likes

You’re always welcome to help me on the byte gaming twitter! I mean @NathanDarkson984 is helping too but were always looking for more Lan hookup helpers!

1 Like

Hello. I’m really sorry that you have to experience all those. To be honest, I’m also struggling with the same thing and I have expressed all these in a separate topic. I know it sucks. I honestly don’t know how to help you or just lift up your spirits because same as you, I’m continuously struggling with it as well. But I just wanna advice you to stay strong, learn to care less and not to get too attached. Do your thing without seeking for validation. You first before anyone else.

2 Likes

You’re one of the first friends I made in the byte community, and I’m so so grateful I got to talk to ya through this app. Totally normal to feel the way you are, I think we all feel it in our own ways too. I’m not the best at always showing how much I appreciate others, but I do want you around and I wholeheartedly believe everyone else feels the same way. Love ya :heart:

6 Likes

We don’t even talk anymore for whatever reasons but I can still tell you that I relate to this on so many levels. You’re not alone on that. It’s actually all too real and I know many others here can relate to what you’re feeling. At the end of the day, just remember you are important and your voice matters. Even if others fail to listen to what you have to say.

3 Likes

Mauka you rlly r the best and anyone lucky enough to get to call you a friend should rlly cherish that friendship Bc you’re one of a kind dude :heart:

2 Likes

I’m really bad with words and expressing myself too, so don’t worry about that man. I hope you know nobody hates you here though, and if they do (idk how or why), it’s really for no good reason at all. I’ve felt constantly overlooked despite being in several communities online and in the physical, but a lot of that feeling stemmed from lack of self-confidence and feeling like I needed others to be a “real” person. I absolutely know what it’s like to have no friends, and it sucks and seems hopeless, but getting through that funk is emblematic of you being a strong individual. Once you feel comfortable as yourself and understand what you’re really looking for (and that may take a while and lots of effort, it’s always different for everyone), you’ll be able to really connect with people who make you happy, and if you guys really click, make interdependent relationships!

I promise the people here don’t bite. If you don’t feel like people are getting along with you, that’s perfectly alright. We’re all separate individuals and have interest in our own niches and things. It’s never a problem with you. You’re entitled to your own likings too.

I hope that maybe you will find people you click with here! @chaos.jpxg is a great person (and mr. jxpg over there certainly loves sonic). and, of course, don’t feel bad if you don’t click. It’s just personal interactions which bear no prejudice or weight, and if they do, they’re probably not relationships that are healthy to pursue.

and ofc, you can always hit me up on discord although I’m not the most active. here’s a link to the community discord! (my name is also arf there teehee)

4 Likes

If everyone were the same, the world would be a boring place! I’ve been in some threads and have been completely over looked so I understand how that situation feels :confused: it’s okay though! There’s so many supportive people here and I really can’t say that enough :slight_smile: This is such a unique place and the opportunities for friendship and meeting new people are endless and increasing each and every day! Don’t feel left out, and if you do, I’m a message away! Keep your head up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey did you join the ladies byte discord? I recommend joining and introducing yourself! We’d love to have more people(: just let me know and I’ll post the link

2 Likes

Also I’m sorry if you did join and I didn’t notice for some reason! We’d love to have you(:

2 Likes

Oooh another fellow Sonic fan I see!? You’re already cool in my book! :sunglasses::100: But yeah, don’t sweat it. You’ll eventually find your circle of peeps to fit in with here on Byte. I’m not really great with words either, but like don’t focus so much on wether or not if your voice is heard. There’s always a chance that someone feels the same way you do and especially on a new social media, that’s a given. What matters is that you aren’t afraid and have the courage to voice your concerns and voice that you feel like you’re being wronged in a way. Granted I’m not really active on byte (I probably will be again, but honestly who knows), I’d love to be friends!

Thanks for for bringing this to my attention @arf

2 Likes

We don’t bite but we do byte.

My advice: Just keep doing you…eventually it will click.

3 Likes

Ooooh Miso. :sob:

I know I’m not around as much as I used to be, but I still love you. :heart: Just know that.

1 Like