Feeling insecure about my numbers. Do non-visuals take you out of the experience?

I don’t know what good numbers are or how to evaluate my performance. I am worried that my random cat videos or my purely digital visuals are breaking the flow. Do I stick to only visuals to be successful? I just don’t want to put myself in a box and not be able to interact organically.

11 Likes

I didn’t know if I’m the best person to talk to about this (seeing how I’m relatively new to this app) but it honestly doesn’t matter.

What I’ve been doing ever since I got Byte, was post to every category I could. If you wanna do pet videos and then also do visuals- why not? People will follow you either way. The Star System is there so that in the future you can interact with Byte and/or “purchase” things. (That’s all I know about stars.)

So all-in-all, why not do both? I don’t see why you couldn’t.

22 Likes

Thank you so much! :slight_smile::yellow_heart:

7 Likes

@satturnny hit the nail on the head! There are so many great niche’s on byte that if you keep driving the content you love, you’ll find others that vibe the same way! If you build it, they will come!

10 Likes

So well said! Thank you fo the encouragement!

6 Likes

Honestly, you’re still doing better than me numbers-wise, even though I currently have a trending video as of now! :sweat_smile:
But I would agree with @satturnny and @PartTimePlebs. If you haven’t established yourself as sticking to one or a few niches, then just try different stuff and see what sticks with your viewers.
I know that I’m now kind of stuck in the animation niche as my live-action-only bytes don’t do that well (either that or I don’t have a good sense of humor with myself only :sweat_smile:). But I’m still open to other niches, as I can try animation with comedy, or chill animation, or heck, animation with comedy with music!

All I’m saying is don’t limit yourself just yet, as you’re still growing. Don’t be afraid to try new stuff this early on. :blush:

5 Likes

@satturnny shall be the new Queen of forums, and I agree with her sentiment. I couldn’t have said it better. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Thats a good amount of stars and nice stats. The app is still fairly new and you have a little following on your bytes so as long as youre happy with your content then just keep posting it. I really do like your art visual but upload what you like and not for others :sunglasses::ok_hand:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the kind words and support. I’m so excited to be part of this community.

@Pac a recommendation I know I can trust. :slight_smile::pray:t3:

@devynb thank you so much for the reassurance. My brain never stops with the self doubt. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Don’t think too much about likes, just think about what you like and making the best stuff possible. What will help you though, and others will tell you this, is to connect with other people like you’re doing on this post. The more friends and likeminded people you talk to, the better the experience you will have :fire:.

5 Likes

Your numbers are fine-great actually. Post what you want, it might make you feel worse if you don’t.

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree with most everyone. We all have those moments where we look at our stats (or the engagement we have with a Tweet or a Reddit post or a photo on Insta) and we get discouraged. It happens to the best of us.

But the important thing to remember is that you’re creating content because you’re a creative person, thinking in bold and unique ways about the world around you. That boldness and uniqueness may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it is a reflection of you and how passionate you are about expressing yourself. This is a creative outlet for you and then best content is the stuff that really, truly, honestly reflects that. The heart and the soul in something that comes from a place of passion is evident and is so amazing to see. So keep on keeping on!

3 Likes

That is some very wise advice. Thank you so much for being so kind and supportive. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::yellow_heart:

1 Like

You’re doing great! If you’re interested in branching out, then do it! The possibilities are endless don’t just stick to one thing! That’s what being creative is all about! More importantly, follow your heart :heart: I believe in you, and I know everyone else does too :innocent:

2 Likes

I did a byte about how i get my Dice Amazon delivery

Because i want to

Dont get insecure about think YOU like

Ps: i like my dice

2 Likes

Reiterating what everyone else is saying here your, numbers are doing great. If growing numbers is what you want to do set realistic goals for yourself and work on meeting those goals. However, never try to cheat the system to reach those goals. Just keep being you and people will continue to engage in with your content.

You’re doing great and shouldn’t feel insecure. You’re doing better than a lot of us out there already :D. Looking forward to seeing your growth.

1 Like

@rommie you are so kind. Everyone is. I feel like I’ve found my internet home. :slight_smile:

@M4g3n7A I get it. My hubby has a nice collection himself. :wink:

@Jobag thank you so much! :yellow_heart: I have issues trusting my creative intuition. We all do, right?

2 Likes

Your numbers look really good actually. Just keep doing you want. That’s what will make this the most fun.

2 Likes