Features we need in the byte camera, we need more ways to express ourselves. WHAT DO YOU THINK 🤔

1 Like

This should be moved to the features and ideas category since your asking to add this.

3 Likes

Byte doesn’t need filters, in my opinion. I’m not sure that this would be a good idea ? I mean, I feel like you could just use Snapchat, or Instagram, for putting funny face filters on a video.

12 Likes

agreed , why not just use the application with them already implemented in and just upload , if you wanted to use these ?

4 Likes

Thank you, pretend u didn’t see that :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

it’s alright thanks for changing it!

3 Likes

I get that but that is the one of the reasons why vine died, it had a lack of competitive features which Tik Tok has but, byte is in better hands.

2 Likes

I do hope to see a few AR filters that are exclusive to byte in the future.

4 Likes

well filters would be a cool thing but I think byte wants to try to live up to the creativity first thing by also encouraging users to also find cools ways to make videos outside the app too like you have to do on YouTube.

4 Likes

In your other forum post, I saw your post mention this irrelevant app so-called something I can’t recall but we are copying Snapchat now?

1 Like

There are enough apps copying Snapchat… plus Lenses are a unique feature in SC it might have a copyright (not that it stopped Mark Zuckerberg)

3 Likes

I understand that but, we don’t have to copy Snapchat, Dom could just develop other funny :smile: face features + TikTok, Instagram, and even Facebook have face filters so why not :wink:

1 Like

If we had filters, being creative would be on a whole other level

1 Like

We don’t have to copy the exact same filters, Dom can make what ever comes to his mind :star_struck:

Not a fan of filters, I’m in love with the bare-bones, use what you got nature of the app. But I’m a fan of your “live” idea!

3 Likes

1, I respect that and 2, thank you. I’m trying to get the photo to Dom so he can see it

1 Like

It would b similar features.

1 Like

I don’t mind filters if they are limited in how/when you can use them. I think they would be fun for one-off events. Maybe we could unlock filters with the star sytem? :thinking:

1 Like

That‘s a great idea, you should tell Dom that, he might actually put it as a feature

I’m big that the limitations of Byte are its strengths.

I think if you try and chase and devote resources to stuff that’s already happened, that will be a losing game; if you try to be TikTok or IG, you’re never going to be TikTok - they have like, a billion dollars.

I think I trust the company a lot with their “creatives first” slogan and think that, as the platform evolves, all the innovations will emanate out from that mentality. Tools to connect other creators, tools that lets you find other creators.

I get the sense that on the whiteboards they have more stuff about providing creators with analytic engines as opposed to front-end features like filters.

3 Likes