Features That Byte Needs

Some of these options will be put up in a later update, or have been previously featured in beta, but here are some things Byte needs at the moment.

-Ability To Block Other Accounts
-Ability To Turn Of Comments
-Ability To Turn Accounts Private
-Ability To Report Accounts
-Better Spam Control
-Better Video Editing Feature
-Better Video Quality
-Hashtags to help subcategorize topics.

and the most important thing:

• A mascot, which I am 100% WILLING TO MAKE FOR FREE I ALREADY HAVE A COUPLE IDEAS :smiley:
15 Likes

these things are being developed overtime as dom has said. So it is gonna be a little before we see those things.

5 Likes

Blocking accounts is already a thing? Are you on android?
And the account reporting is also missing, was a reported bug from earlier too.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m on android. Forgot to put that into consideration.

Yeah I understand. This app has a lot of potential and I can’t wait to see it.

1 Like

Android is missing things, account blocking/profile reporting is there on iOS, I’m assuming they forgot, for now you can flag and say you don’t like it and the ability to block should be within there

2 Likes

Alrighty. Thank you for the explanation!

2 Likes

a draft feature like tiktok

5 Likes

A few things if noticed and seen people on the app ask about is
seeing the list of who follows you
A way to pause a byte
Dms would be really cool
A way to edit your captions after you’ve posted a byte
Livestreaming

3 Likes

On android, report an accounts video, say “I don’t like it” and you’ll have the option to block them.

1 Like

We need a way to draft videos

5 Likes

We also need a way to share our Bytes profile on other social networks

1 Like

I’d really REALLY love to see individual videos float up to the top of the screen when I film them, so I could rearrange them when I film. It sucks to think, ‘okay, so if I want to film this shot, I’m gonna have to get back into position twice, instead of doing two shots in the same place and editing.’

This would be such a simple thing to add, and I really hope Byte listens!

1 Like

they amount that u need to drag down to refresh the page needs to be fixed!

3 Likes

i’m with you here, my finger cant scroll down so far from the middle of the display to refresh. should suggest this on a separate post in this category

2 Likes

i do think that byte needs a lot better previewing of where i am dragging a clip marker to when cropping videos, and as fine a crop down to .ms as is possible. one thing i sincerely loved doing with vine is making lots of little micro cuts and edits and seeing what would happen

low stakes features right now, but these are things long term users will want

2 Likes

I’d love to see more channels, and yeah definitely hashtags
but like for people who make edits, I’d love to see an editing channel, or something like that

2 Likes

YES! Trying new stuff in editing is my passion, but I don’t really know where to start on byte, as I credit the original creators for the source material.

Would be amazing if I could specify a byte I used in my edit, even if it’s just one. A similar concept is the sounds in TT

3 Likes

Also… a URL scheme / deep links… IE…

• Ability to share videos as shortcuts to them through the app… rather than a video download. (e.g. Clicking https://byte.co/video/T4GH298GH289 or byte:video?id=T4GH298GH289 would take you to a certain video by launching the app on mobile, or displaying a web page on desktop)

• Ability to share profiles as shortcuts to them through the app… (e.g. Clicking https://byte.co/user/mrsimon or byte:user?name=mrsimon would take you to my profile by launching the app on mobile, or displaying a web page on desktop)

2 Likes

Yep! That’d be great. Actually a friend of mine who can’t properly run android emulators complained to me about that, I assume they were watching tiktoks on the website a lot.

1 Like