Featured Sounds

Accidentally tapped on the ‘Featured Sounds’ section. Almost had an aneurysm. Ended up with a minor panic attack. Is the goal now to be unimaginative? Maybe I need to start using other peoples’ sounds and videos! Also what’s up with the “New Today” section? Seems unnecessary & messy imo. Maybe a “Top Category” section would be better suit. Take the top 3-6 posts from each category and put it into a section. Because for some reason “Spotlight” or “Trending” (whatever it’s called) isn’t that. Just my 2 cents!

4 Likes

New Today IS New & Trending

Ok so “Spotlight” is old and no longer trending?

“Spotlight” are videos handpicked by the team.

1 Like

Okay got it. So there’s no section that curates the top 3-6 posts from each category? Wouldn’t those videos be the newest & most trending videos? Because “New Today” is currently showing me videos from yesterday with 13 likes.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Haha that’s what I’m sayin

What I do have to say about featured sounds is that I’m not super happy about it but I know it’s a temporary section that others like so ehh it’s not that deep. If I like a sound, I might jump in on one of them.

It would be really cool if they did featured sounds + hashtags on the same day though :thinking:

1 Like

That’s good that it’s temporary. I’m just thinking about New User retention. I can confidently say the majority of people older than 21 who’ve just downloaded the app will instantly delete if they see this section. I scrolled through each sound for about 30 seconds and no longer wanted to be here on this planet.

1 Like

The “Featured sounds” I was kinda looking forward to but after checking out only 2 categories I’m never going back lol it’s spam

6 Likes

I’d rather watch ads than the “Featured Sounds” category.

2 Likes

If byte had an in app editor I think people would be doing much more inspired stuff with sounds.

2 Likes

ByteTok :sleeping:

3 Likes

I don’t like the fact that most of the featured sounds haven’t been created by the users that are taking credit for them. Yet they are the ones that are featured and not other people who actually make their own sounds

3 Likes

It’s like they’re promoting plagiarism and want people to be less creative.

3 Likes

i like the top category idea with taking the top few posts but again its hard to do with it constantly changing

1 Like

It’d be a simple algorithm. And it would be constantly changing meaning it’d always have the best, new content there. </funny,1-6> </alt 1-6> etc. It’d be super simple to write and would be the most useful for creators and those who want to be entertained. Really don’t like the Spotlight feature as I shouldn’t have to rely on Joe Smith from Byte to think my post was good to be in a featured section. It’s totally dated and not even an algorithm. I know algorithm updates are coming soon so I hope they include some of these features!:pray:

1 Like