Feature requests - GENIUS

• REBYTE YOUR OWN POSTS (like twitter & retweeting)

• copy/paste other peoples comments

4 Likes

There’s something about the idea of people rebytting their own stuff I really don’t like.

13 Likes

I wanna reshare old memories i shared a while back but I dont want to repost it!

1 Like

I actually don’t mind the idea too much, as long as the video retains its stats and interactions (likes, loops, comments, etc)

Creators are spared from having to reupload and lose all that stuff and people get to see content they may have missed when it was new

4 Likes

If you DO rebyte your own stuff, there should be an amount of time you have to wait after posting to be able to rebyte

2 Likes

Twitter: retweet your tweet :microphone:
Byte: repost your video

2 Likes

i liked this feature on :vine:, because it’s a good way to give your video another shot for people who didn’t see it when first posted. otherwise, it gets drowned and forgotten about.

also let’s us as the viewer see content we missed from people we follow

4 Likes

I don’t object to the ability for people to rebyte their own content. It might be something you are proud of, didn’t get many views before when you had less followers, or is especially relevant again for some current occasion, etc…

2 Likes

I also think it’s a great idea for reviving old bytes, since even with a grid view it would be hard to get to them after a few hundred posts…

However, I also think they should only be re-byteable after a certain period of time has passed, to avoid abuses

Woooo about to repost over and over every hour :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“Oops! You just did that.”